Rating Card

joshuaj

Yes this would be very nice if it were an option for the articles database so we can set up a review system for products. I'd would like to have the rating card so each star can be a specific criteria.

So example: I'm reviewing a keyboard

1 - Look      * * * * *

2 - Usability    * * * * *

3 - Support   * * * * *

4 - Pricing    * * * * *

5 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

So example: I'm reviewing a keyboard

1 - Look      * * * * *

2 - Usability    * * * * *

3 - Support   * * * * *

4 - Pricing    * * * * *

That is more a feature request for IPS. Adding “arbitrary rating fields”. I certainly see the benefit, but at the moment it’s just not possible. Even if I would create a nice rating template, I could not add that feature. 

I've seen the implementation by @CodingJungle and I like it, but I would wish to have this "rating card" as a standalone plugin for different sections in the IPS community

• downloads
  • commerce products
  • events
  • + an option for third party developers to integrate this into their implementations

It would be great, if each section or even each section category could have its own attributes for ratings.

F.e. a downloads file could have

• customer satisfaction
  • new releases frequency
  • author response times

F.e. an event could have

• event quality
  • participants ambience
  • location feeling

F.e. a physical commerce product could have

• build quality
  • color intensity
  • useful for groups: kids/students / professionals

F.e. a digital commerce product could have

• price
  • feature richness
  • VIP deals

To enhance this even more: If I could define a "custom severity level" / "individual importance percentage" for each attribute, and the plugin would generate an overall score, that would be really awesome.

Only an idea for a nice plugin ;) 

32 minutes ago, opentype said:

That is more a feature request for IPS. Adding “arbitrary rating fields”. I certainly see the benefit, but at the moment it’s just not possible. Even if I would create a nice rating template, I could not add that feature. 

Thanks for taking a look at this for me. Perhaps if a plugin developer like Coding makes a stand alone plugin, you might be able to make a nice review template that it can integrate with?

To expand on what @Cyboman was saying :

It might be beneficial if the review system could operate in two ways:

1.) The end users/membership can review a product/item and the cumulative score is averaged

2.) The admin/author who writes the article can leave an overall review inside of an article.

Here is an example of a rating system I've used in the past with wordpress - I could write an article and then add my review of the item I was writing about. I could then rank it on a 10 scale for criteria I could set. The final score (8.6 in this example) would be an average score of the criteria scores I set. In this example, the 10, 8, 7.5, and 9 would equal a total score of 8.6.  I could then choose to add "Good and Bad" talking points or not.

rating.thumb.jpg.d87a02cbb91de3e1f32f31dd3d50f755.jpg

Just now, opentype said:

If that is content from a Pages RECORD, that is actually doable. Just the review function for users to review a record doesn’t have such a functionality and no options for additional fields. 

Yeah it doesn't have to be overly complicated. I think if we can have some fields:

Good/Bad Fields with ability to add up to 5 items each

Criteria Field with ability to add up to 4/5 items

Tricky part could be getting it to average the scores to produce an overall score. Worst case is we need an extra field so we can manually input the overall score.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived