Pages

Morgin

The multi-purpose templates that people have developed for Bootstrap, Wordpress, Joomla etc. are so great and helpful for people who don't have a ton of interest in coding themselves. If IP.Pages could have the ability to permit people like @Brian A. to do the same and export template packages that could be installed and tweaked by users, this would go a long way to opening up Pages to a much wider audience IMO. 

16 minutes ago, Morgin said:

If IP.Pages could have the ability to … export template packages that could be installed and tweaked by users… 

I do it all the time. Pages templates can be exported and imported, settings can be added, templates tweaked by the user … 
If you wish for something more that isn’t already available, what is it?

2 hours ago, opentype said:

I do it all the time. Pages templates can be exported and imported, settings can be added, templates tweaked by the user … 

They look very nice. Admittedly I hadn't found Pages SuperDocs either - blame search for not allowing me to find that one! Seriously - try googling "IP.Pages templates" vs "Bootstrap Templates" - none of the marketplace results even show up for the former.

I think what I understood @Brian A. to say was that the reason frontend template stuff like http://wrapbootstrap.com/preview/WB0C6D0H4 for Bootstrap (which of course with Bootstrap still requires a develop backend team to hook into - which is what I was hoping in this case Pages would slide nicely into so a non-technical person has the ability to buy a nice set of Pages templates that does all the frontend work with Pages running the backend) can't be made for easy drop in to Pages was that its not technically possible to have one product with that many template designs for various Page use cases. SuperDocs seems to maybe suggest otherwise. Anyway, happy to let the experts tell me that I'm wrong on this one!

9 minutes ago, Morgin said:

Seriously - try googling "IP.Pages templates" vs "Bootstrap Templates" - none of the marketplace results even show up for the former.

To be honest, it shouldn't generate any results; IP.Pages doesn't exist. The IP-prefix was dropped when IPS4 was released, which is when Pages was introduced. The earlier CMS app bearing the prefix was called IP.Contentsite:invisioncommunity.com "pages templates" brings up some relevant results.

4 minutes ago, Meddysong said:

To be honest, it shouldn't generate any results; IP.Pages doesn't exist. The IP-prefix was dropped when IPS4 was released, which is when Pages was introduced. The earlier CMS app bearing the prefix was called IP.Contentsite:invisioncommunity.com "pages templates" brings up some relevant results.

*facepalm*

Yup, that's on me!

2 hours ago, opentype said:

Yes, that's true, but instead of database templates, I'll use custom wrappers for landing pages to create beautiful looking pages on the front-end homepage for your forum community, and lastly, add some fancy settings to go with it to make it their landing page for their forum community.

Archived