How To Add Landing Page

JohnnyG

I have a landing page or Home Page, it has all it's own files already made, the js, fonts, css, all those folders that go with the page.

How can I just upload them and set the main domain to point at this page then link to forums.

I was in pages but i didn't see where to upload fonts and images all that just page html. I'm trying to upload all the files for the one page then use that page as my main page.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyG said:

I have a landing page or Home Page, it has all it's own files already made, the js, fonts, css, all those folders that go with the page.

How can I just upload them and set the main domain to point at this page then link to forums.

I was in pages but i didn't see where to upload fonts and images all that just page html. I'm trying to upload all the files for the one page then use that page as my main page.

Now this is just me guessing as to how I'd do it, buuutttt...

1. New Theme. Leave pretty much everything as default but dump your page's CSS into the custom.css in the theme.

2. New page in Pages, manual mode. Dump your home page's contents into that.

3. Set that page to use your new theme.

And I think that should work, but don't quote me on it. I'm at work and can't really try this out myself.

Im still not seeing where to upload all the fonts and images for my custom page. as well as all the js files. im lost i think i better hold off until i research this some more. All im needing to do is add one html page that uses a bunch of css and responsive css js files and images. then some how set that as main page of domain then just link that page to my forums, I had this custom page setup to already match the forum theme. I just don't want to screw something up. File manager would be a life saver right now.

22 minutes ago, Lord Nowe said:

And I think that should work, but don't quote me on it. I'm at work and can't really try this out myself.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

ACP > Pages > Templates: Click New and then Add CSS file. Place your CSS there. Do the same with Add JS file and your JS. 

ACP > Pages > Pages: Click Add Page and create Manual HTML. Uncheck Use Suite HTML Wrapper, assuming you're controlling your site's entire appearance from what you're about to paste in. On Page Includes select the CSS and JS you've just saved. Add your content on the Content tab, and that's it.

If you want to upload fonts etc, then doing that by FTP would make sense. You can do that with images too, or by using Pages > Media. 

58 minutes ago, Joy Rex said:

Note that those includes are IPS' includes, correct? As mentioned previously, you'll need to FTP your CSS and JS files up to your server in order to link to them in your Pages HTML.

Nope. Those are my JS files and I got them there by adding them through Pages > Templates. 

When you include them in a page, they get called into the HTML. If you look at IPS's main page, you'll find an example in its source code, notable by the path 'page_objects':

<link rel='stylesheet' href='//dne4i5cb88590.cloudfront.net/invisionpower-com/page_objects/homepage2.css.45aabfecc77fc6cbd3539af44c2396f8.css?v=68a8bc049c' media='all'>

No, I tried to just upload all the files in media. Cause I could upload them all at once. The Page> Templates >> new template 

Im unsure how to do this, cause when I first click new, its showing HTML then wanting to know two column, three column, ect and Im not sure what do. Never used this before. I have a page already made with like five folders of files, I figured it would be as easy as just uploading all the files to some place and using the page. Maybe I should have went with self hosting where I could have had a cpannel and file manager this would have been so much easier.

I thought a cloud was like a host, where I had IPB software and a place I could store some files for website. I didn't know I would have to do everything through IPB CMS like wordpress. I figured I could just upload a page and have my domain point to it, or add a sub folder ect. This is kinda a Pain.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.33.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.32.39 AM.png

Archived