Profile Viewing Privacy

13 hours ago, Faqole said:

Yes, it works with 4.3.4. Can you please tell me what error messages are you getting?

No, I can not reproduce the error. sorry, I Uninstalled the program and reinstalled it this morning and so far it appears to be working. 

Although the 'Ban Individuals' option had disappeared. ?  I'm happy though, Thanks. 

403fb3dbda17dacf075c4b74f00d641b.png

Edited by jojobean
11 hours ago, jojobean said:

No, I can not reproduce the error. sorry, I Uninstalled the program and reinstalled it this morning and so far it appears to be working. 

Although the 'Ban Individuals' option had disappeared. ?  I'm happy though, Thanks. 

403fb3dbda17dacf075c4b74f00d641b.png

Glad to hear that you got it working. It is strange though that that option, (individual users ban), is not appearing there. I just re-tested it on the latest version, 4.3.4, and the individual users ban options is displayed fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 5:07 PM, SJ77 said:

The problem is most users that are not currently following will not understand 

furthermore most users who set this privacy level will not understand what they are doing. They likely assume people will be able to follow 

it mostly looks like an error or poorly thought out oversite on my community. Many complaints are coming in. Like LOTS!!

instead assuming everyone is going to “bother to read”  can we solve for this and make it user friendly?

I see this still hasn't been dealt with. I am going to have to remove this mod from my site. It just makes no sense whatever to have a ridiculous option that nobody understands.

While well intended:

• the users don't know what they are doing
  • the folks trying to follow think it's a fat bug.

It just plain doesn't make any sense.

Edited by SJ77
4 hours ago, SJ77 said:

I see this still hasn't been dealt with. I am going to have to remove this mod from my site. It just makes no sense whatever to have a ridiculous option that nobody understands.

While well intended:

• the users don't know what they are doing
  • the folks trying to follow think it's a fat bug.

It just plain doesn't make any sense.

Would you like to remove that option from the plugin? If so, let me know and I will make the changes and send you the modified file.

20 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

I would LOVE that! Can we also include some SQL to undo it in the database and reset all the folks already using that option?

Yes, we can. To what new option would you like for those users using the followers option to have? 

Registered members only.

What would be AMAZING, is if the option for "members who are following me only" provided a button on the hidden profile for members to still be able to follow. Allowing folks to use profile visibility as bait for more followers.  Which is how everyone thinks this works (and how it should work in my opinion)

However, as mentioned above, if that is off the table I will take "registered members only"

Edited by SJ77
6 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Registered members only.

What would be AMAZING, is if the option for "members who are following me only" provided a button on the hidden profile for members to still be able to follow. Allowing folks to use profile visibility as bait for more followers.  Which is how everyone thinks this works (and how it should work in my opinion)

However, as mentioned above, if that is off the table I will take "registered members only"

I have pm'ed you a new plugin file and the sql query that will take care of both things that you requested.

Edited by Faqole
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Ok,

Also just found out if you go to a profile and add &do=profileprivacy at the end of the url you can edit that users privacy.

That's right, anybody can edit anyone else's privacy settings.

This is a big flaw!

Also this mod uses the members table and adds a default value of 'everyone' to every single member record.  Slows down your entire member table.

I guess FYI to anyone looking at this or who is already using this.

19 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Ok,

Also just found out if you go to a profile and add &do=profileprivacy at the end of the url you can edit that users privacy.

That's right, anybody can edit anyone else's privacy settings.

This is a big flaw!

Also this mod uses the members table and adds a default value of 'everyone' to every single member record.  Slows down your entire member table.

I guess FYI to anyone looking at this or who is already using this.

This dev isn’t around anymore. It isn’t purchasable anymore. Your best bet is to stop using it.

Or just start using my mod:

Profile privacy options:

• profile is open for all
  • profile is open for registered users only
  • profile is open for (approved) followers only
  • profile closed for all (except admins)

I won't leave you. Im in this world over 12 years now