Profile Viewing Privacy

@Faqole This is an awesome idea. I will buy it later this week. But, off the bat, I have one suggestion. A per-usergroup default profile privacy setting. For instance, the default profile privacy for usergroup A could be "everyone" but the default profile privacy for usergroup B could be "no one (except the user and admins)". This would solve a particular situation we have in our community and that users complain about. Many thanks!

cute plugins but it is to be perfected, there are details that serve as an example
allow viewing to users that I follow, and not only those who follow me, then if a user sets privacy for those who follow it, there should be a button that allows the user to follow him to give the way to see the profile, hindsight it's useless, please install these improvements as soon as possible because I did not use them under these conditions

22 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Faqole This is an awesome idea. I will buy it later this week. But, off the bat, I have one suggestion. A per-usergroup default profile privacy setting. For instance, the default profile privacy for usergroup A could be "everyone" but the default profile privacy for usergroup B could be "no one (except the user and admins)". This would solve a particular situation we have in our community and that users complain about. Many thanks!

Unless I misunderstood you, I do not think it is an easy thing to do. Anyays, I updated the plugin. Now users can also ban specific users from viewing their profiles.

11 hours ago, Virgo81 said:

cute plugins but it is to be perfected, there are details that serve as an example
allow viewing to users that I follow, and not only those who follow me, then if a user sets privacy for those who follow it, there should be a button that allows the user to follow him to give the way to see the profile, hindsight it's useless, please install these improvements as soon as possible because I did not use them under these conditions

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate a little further and post a screenshot too if possible?

22 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Is this something you would be looking into? Please let me know, as if you don't think this is something you might add in the future, I will hire a developer to create this functionality for us. Thanks.

Yes, it could be. However, if I were to add such an option, it would be added as a custom job for a fee. It will not be included in the add on itself in the MP. I do not plan to expand it any further. 

Hi, I installed the plugin on my board but the option to edit privacy settings is not visible next to edit profile on the profile page.
When I click on edit profile it gives me an option to whom to show my profile but only 3 options : All, Administrators and Members

Any solution?

12 hours ago, priyesh.mehta94@gmail.com said:

Hi, I installed the plugin on my board but the option to edit privacy settings is not visible next to edit profile on the profile page.
When I click on edit profile it gives me an option to whom to show my profile but only 3 options : All, Administrators and Members

Any solution?

Did you enable the permissions for groups at the plugin 's settings?

• 1 month later...
On 11-1-2018 at 10:36 AM, Blisslandia said:

Question - my profile is set to EVERYONE - but when I look in a incognito window, I see an error message.

What permissions need to be set in order for this to work properly?

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 1.35.23 AM.png

Can you please post the link to your profile and pm the login info for your forum and I will have a look.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 5:58 AM, SJ77 said:

DE178C80-9C34-4C03-9912-6F3E8C9358F5.thumb.jpeg.efa20e643fd0e15c22acd17c0a9ecb04.jpeg

4BBB1FE5-7BE3-4523-BE2A-01A2D6E2636C.thumb.jpeg.890212d491662ca80deeedd6929ac89a.jpeg

While I appreciate you trying to be cute, you are missing the point. That option has been explained in the plugin description, but I take it that you did not bother to read it. Or maybe you did not understand it. Let me break it down to you. That option is only for users who want only their current followers, not new followers, to view their profile. 

Edited by Faqole

The problem is most users that are not currently following will not understand 

furthermore most users who set this privacy level will not understand what they are doing. They likely assume people will be able to follow 

it mostly looks like an error or poorly thought out oversite on my community. Many complaints are coming in. Like LOTS!!

instead assuming everyone is going to “bother to read”  can we solve for this and make it user friendly?

14 hours ago, SJ77 said:

The problem is most users that are not currently following will not understand 

furthermore most users who set this privacy level will not understand what they are doing. They likely assume people will be able to follow 

it mostly looks like an error or poorly thought out oversite on my community. Many complaints are coming in. Like LOTS!!

instead assuming everyone is going to “bother to read”  can we solve for this and make it user friendly?

I understand that it can look confusing to some users. You can change the profile_privacy_followers_error language phrase to include the text posted by @Tom S. above, which will make it clearer.

13 hours ago, Tom S. said:

Maybe something along the lines of...

Profile restricted to followers only. This member is currently not accepting any new followers.

This will make it clearer indeed. I will update the appropriate phrase to include this. 

• 3 weeks later...