Dead Topic Protection

Nothing went wrong - all you did was match your installed item (a plugin) to its marketplace listing, which is what the process you followed does.

It's up to to then update it - it's not automatically going to happen, it's only going to notify you that there is an update, which is checked for when IPS software checks for updates.

9 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I understood that it should be converted to an Application, right?

Wrong.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
14 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Something went apparently wrong, after upgrading our test install from 4.4 to 4.5 I noticed that the old plugin wasn't automatically uninstalled, so it was still shown as Plugin.

I understood that it should be converted to an Application, right?

In the app install it should have copied the plugin settings, added it to the app settings and then uninstalled the plugin. For some reason which I have no idea only talking to you here, it didn’t do it. If you then uninstalled the plugin and have it now as app then it seems ok to me.

51 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

In the app install it should have copied the plugin settings, added it to the app settings and then uninstalled the plugin. For some reason which I have no idea only talking to you here, it didn’t do it. If you then uninstalled the plugin and have it now as app then it seems ok to me.

I see, that didn't work as described.
Well, I did it in our testing environment. I can handle it manually, this is no problem as this app doesn't have historical data or a complex configuration.

This is just a report for you that an Upgrade from 4.4 to 4.5 didn't work as expected in our case / so not in all cases...

Edited by Thomas P
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

ANY post that has no replies in the last ____ days will have it's reply box disabled.  The application does not actually "close" the topic.  (It's a special status.)

Instead if it's not had any replies in that time, the a message is displayed saying the topic cannot be replied to.  

It applies to all posts, though obviously new posts might take quite some time before you see the action applied to it since since it has to reach the post age limit for it to apply.  

30 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

ANY post that has no replies in the last ____ days will have it's reply box disabled.  The application does not actually "close" the topic.  (It's a special status.)

Instead if it's not had any replies in that time, the a message is displayed saying the topic cannot be replied to.  

It applies to all posts, though obviously new posts might take quite some time before you see the action applied to it since since it has to reach the post age limit for it to apply.  

Thanks for your quick response.

• 8 months later...
11 minutes ago, Nexus_Web_Media said:

I can't install plugin via ACP. Is displaying window with information about error and request to contact with support.

Seems ok to me:

Post the content of the log error (ACP -> System -> Support -> Get Support -> System Log). This is probably something related to the ACP Marketplace module so we'll need to contact someone from support indeed.

phar error: "/tmp/IPSMP6PMcO5.tar" is a corrupted tar file (truncated)
#0 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(789): PharData->__construct()
#1 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(240): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->_installApplication()
#2 .../public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->install()
#3 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 .../public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->execute()
#5 .../public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

6 minutes ago, Nexus_Web_Media said:
phar error: "/tmp/IPSMP6PMcO5.tar" is a corrupted tar file (truncated)
#0 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(789): PharData->__construct()
#1 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(240): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->_installApplication()
#2 .../public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->install()
#3 .../public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 .../public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->execute()
#5 .../public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

@Stuart Silvester @Daniel F

Would this be something related to marketplace? The file install works just fine to me via marketplace. Should I re upload the file?

Edited by Adriano Faria