PHPBB Converter

The Britain

Are there any 'background tasks' running in the admin panel ? You can usually tell this as it shows them on the main 'dashboard' main page as either a listing or a block. Its usually quite visible. :)

On some background tasks there's a link to run them all at once to speed it up rather than having it run with activity.

1 hour ago, Misi said:

Check the permissions for the user groups.

Probably you don't have permission to see them.

They are background task apparently.

1 hour ago, AndyF said:

Are there any 'background tasks' running in the admin panel ? You can usually tell this as it shows them on the main 'dashboard' main page as either a listing or a block. Its usually quite visible. :)

On some background tasks there's a link to run them all at once to speed it up rather than having it run with activity.

Bingo, right on the money. I clicked "run all" and it's got some time to go.

image.png.592b579c29f9c9392fa948b795848dc6.png

:) Great. Can take a while but its well worth it.

@Misi Does raise a very good point, its quite important to examine the settings / permissions in general however for their suitability and adjust as needed. Forum permissions as well as group permissions and general settings. The converter will try its best to do a "like for like" where possible but there are obviously cases where there is a new feature and / or something works differently so it will leave those at default in most cases. :) A good example here is the new Clubs feature its disabled by default.

In other words although its sounds obvious its well worth a few minutes spent checking settings, or asking here "where is x or how do I get it to do xyz" if needed. I'd suggest a new topic for those kind of questions though to keep things tidy if needed.

Alright, all of the categories and such are appearing on the backend, and they are all in the database correctly after conversion, however, they are not showing up on the forums page. Am I missing a block perhaps?

Edit: Turns out I had to go back, open the permissions of each one, and click "Save". Then it updated to show them.

image.thumb.png.294da84d00d178821b8488882e957d89.png

Archived