Where can I download 3.4.9?

WOFman

21 minutes ago, WOFman said:

Well, fortunately I was able to find it on my hard drive. Just an FYI to IPS, it would be nice to be able to get older versions even if you don't support it.

They did have before change to the client area could click link download different version vs the main current version but i am gussing when changed the client area wanted everyone on same version to reduce the amount support topics could be wrong but that way i see it.

Its always been the case that unsupported (aka: End Of Life) versions are not generally available to download.

Generally its best to keep a local copy of the .zip so you have it "to hand" should you ever need it again. :) The same with any addons you have, simply so you have a copy of them should you not be able for any reason to obtain the original again.

The 3x series E.O.L announcement was posted a long time ago, December 16th 2015 in fact, listing the following dates:

March 1, 2016 - End of advanced technical support and development. Basic / limited technical support will continue. 

June 1, 2016 - End of all technical support. Only security updates will be provided. 

April 1, 2017 - Complete product End of Life (EOL)

I do realise these dates etc are not a great deal of help now. I do understand why you were looking for 3x as per your post.

As far as I'm aware the only case now to need 3x as such would be a legacy upgrade as the 4x upgrader expects to find a 3x database to begin with nothing lower, so 3x is sort of partly needed to do a 1x to 2x 'up to 3x' stage but I'd suspect in these cases support would likely handle this part anyway.

Thanks Andy, luckily I found it on my hard drive at home. I would love to use 4.2 for my arcade forum, but there is no arcade for 4.x. There likely will never be an arcade for 4.x even though html5 games are now available on the 3.x version of the arcade software.

1 hour ago, WOFman said:

Thanks Andy, luckily I found it on my hard drive at home. I would love to use 4.2 for my arcade forum, but there is no arcade for 4.x. There likely will never be an arcade for 4.x even though html5 games are now available on the 3.x version of the arcade software.

You're welcome. :)

If I remember correctly it did take quite a while for a good 'Arcade' to appear for the 3x series back then too. I'm slightly surprised no-one has one 'in the works' or plans to make one for the IPS4 suite actually, I'd speculate a paid one would also be popular too...

3 hours ago, AndyF said:

You're welcome. :)

If I remember correctly it did take quite a while for a good 'Arcade' to appear for the 3x series back then too. I'm slightly surprised no-one has one 'in the works' or plans to make one for the IPS4 suite actually, I'd speculate a paid one would also be popular too...

Actually Legionnaire  the guy that has been keeping the 3.x version updated started to work on it but he needed help and could get no help.

Archived