Error occurred on theme

mackenzieexD

So im having trouble with a theme ive purchased from the market place everyone seams to get it working fine but the guys who i brought it from have no idea why when i load the theme the page redirects to the error page. they have asked me to contact IPS for support but also though id throw something here.

Ive tried a few FRESH installs of IPB but nothing seams to get it working is their somewhere i can go that will tell me where is messing up?

// theme ive brought

https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/53792-surface-dark/

// the error im getting

image.thumb.png.7af1b937a72f09ca07a0afd3182e2d71.png

32 minutes ago, mackenzieexD said:

So im having trouble with a theme ive purchased from the market place everyone seams to get it working fine but the guys who i brought it from have no idea why when i load the theme the page redirects to the error page. they have asked me to contact IPS for support but also though id throw something here.

Ive tried a few FRESH installs of IPB but nothing seams to get it working is their somewhere i can go that will tell me where is messing up?

// theme ive brought

https://invisioncommunity.com/clients/purchases/53792-surface-dark/

// the error im getting

image.thumb.png.7af1b937a72f09ca07a0afd3182e2d71.png

Link doesn't work as trying to connect to your account

googling found these (no idea if relate to your issue):

A Permissions Error. In most cases, a 500 Internal Server Error is due to an incorrect permission on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, an incorrect permission on a PHP and CGI script is to blame. These should usually be set at 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).

A PHP Timeout. If your script connects to external resources and those resources timeout, an HTTP 500 error can occur. Timeout rules, or better error handling in your script, should help if this is the cause of the 500 error.

A Coding Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site's .htaccess file is properly structured.

25 minutes ago, steve00 said:

Link doesn't work as trying to connect to your account

googling found these (no idea if relate to your issue):

A Permissions Error. In most cases, a 500 Internal Server Error is due to an incorrect permission on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, an incorrect permission on a PHP and CGI script is to blame. These should usually be set at 0755 (-rwxr-xr-x).

A PHP Timeout. If your script connects to external resources and those resources timeout, an HTTP 500 error can occur. Timeout rules, or better error handling in your script, should help if this is the cause of the 500 error.

A Coding Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site's .htaccess file is properly structured.

my .htaccess has not been touched as is the default one given when you enable some of the SEO settings.

and how do i set permissions for the permissions for the PHP/CGI scripts on windows? :lol:

Link to the theme in question > https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8421-surface-dark/

Support info box says

"Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or problems."

That 500 error is a generic IP.Suite page however, it does not really reveal anything about the cause itself. You can take a look (search in the ACP search box) for the logs and look at the error logs for any clues. Its not a '500 ISE' error as you've googled for as such, although I understand why you did that. :)

As you've contacted the author and they have referred you to the Client Area would be best to await the technicians response to this. **if** they decide it is an issue with the theme though they will refer you back to the author, if its a problem with the suite itself they will be able to assist. :)

20 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Link to the theme in question > https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8421-surface-dark/

Support info box says

"Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or problems."

That 500 error is a generic IP.Suite page however, it does not really reveal anything about the cause itself. You can take a look (search in the ACP search box) for the logs and look at the error logs for any clues. Its not a '500 ISE' error as you've googled for as such, although I understand why you did that. :)

As you've contacted the author and they have referred you to the Client Area would be best to await the technicians response to this. **if** they decide it is an issue with the theme though they will refer you back to the author, if its a problem with the suite itself they will be able to assist. :)

image.thumb.png.499a309b6107477a353363f3f63592ae.png

heres a pm i got sent from him sooo yeahhh xD

checking system logs i get this.

Template store key: template_5_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global rebuilding and requested again (core, front, global)

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\Theme.php(734): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(121): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_portal_front_browse->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(46): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(46): IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_portal_front_browse->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\SandboxedTemplate->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Helpers\Table\Table.php(520): call_user_func(Array, Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\applications\portal\modules\front\portal\portal.php(79): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(97): IPS\portal\modules\front\portal\_portal->manage()
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\applications\portal\modules\front\portal\portal.php(29): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\portal\modules\front\portal\_portal->execute()
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Do you have a third party 'portal' addon ?

If so temporarily disable it via ACP > System Applications  (note: No need to remove it, simply click to disable it)

Does the theme work now ? Might have to re-install the theme to be sure.

What exact version of the suite are you using ? And does the author support this ? (I'm just asking as some authors are not upgrading their files to 4.2.x until its 'released' outside of beta as such)

10 hours ago, AndyF said:

Do you have a third party 'portal' addon ?

If so temporarily disable it via ACP > System Applications  (note: No need to remove it, simply click to disable it)

Does the theme work now ? Might have to re-install the theme to be sure.

What exact version of the suite are you using ? And does the author support this ? (I'm just asking as some authors are not upgrading their files to 4.2.x until its 'released' outside of beta as such)

4.1.19.4 im using and its supported

disabling the portal addon still causes the same issue but i have a smaller error now.

Template store key: template_8_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global rebuilding and requested again (core, front, global)

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Theme\Theme.php(734): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('global', 'core')
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Standard.php(104): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Front.php(524): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Front->finish()
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Archived