Ban from part of forum

The_Mage

I reluctantly created a politics sub-forum on my site, and the rules state that people can be banned from this section of the forum if they repeatedly violate the rules.

Problem is, I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible to block a member from a single section of the forum.

I can think of a workaround, but a lot of work.

14 minutes ago, The_Mage said:

I reluctantly created a politics sub-forum on my site, and the rules state that people can be banned from this section of the forum if they repeatedly violate the rules.

Problem is, I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible to block a member from a single section of the forum.

17 minutes ago, The_Mage said:

That’s a classic case for secondary group, which you can assign to members and remove if necessary. But you would have to manually deal with every member (including giving them access in the first place). Maybe wait for 4.2 where you can set up a club. That will make it easier to handle such memberships. 

Archived