Template Disk Caching

inkredible

I think it's disabled by default mostly due to a limited set of results from internal testing: 

Seems like it is basically for self-hosted setups, since when enabling it I am given the option to choose a file path and as an IPS Cloud customer this isn't something I ever need to bother with... which in itself begs the question as to whether it should even show up for Cloud customers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yeah, if I was running a self-hosted install I'd give it a try and keep an eye out for potential problems in the following days.

I think this feature was silently slipped in last update. One thing you need to do is create a folder first. If not it's going to flood your upload folder with the files. I have been running it since day one. According to @Matt it's suppose to speed things up and cause less server stress. I think my site felt a little more snappier after enabling it. Then again it might all be the placebo effect.

54 minutes ago, nodle said:

I think this feature was silently slipped in last update. One thing you need to do is create a folder first. If not it's going to flood your upload folder with the files. I have been running it since day one. According to @Matt it's suppose to speed things up and cause less server stress. I think my site felt a little more snappier after enabling it. Then again it might all be the placebo effect.

Uh now I also see that it has already spammed my uploads folder. I am going to change that otherwise listing the uploads folder takes too long. Default should be set to a different folder inside of the uploads folder probably.

4 hours ago, inkredible said:

Uh now I also see that it has already spammed my uploads folder. I am going to change that otherwise listing the uploads folder takes too long. Default should be set to a different folder inside of the uploads folder probably.

I have done so but there were only 32 files, did you have much more than that ?

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived