MaxCDN configuration on IPB4

Are you trying to use it only as a Cdn (where you keep the original files locally on your server and max Cdn is just used to serve the files via a pull zone) or are you trying to use maxcdn to store the original files and not keep the original on your own server (push zone)?

It will only work for the pull zone option.  There's too much delay for push zone files to propagate through the maxcdn networks to use push zones. 

7 hours ago, h2ojunkie said:

Are you trying to use it only as a Cdn (where you keep the original files locally on your server and max Cdn is just used to serve the files via a pull zone) or are you trying to use maxcdn to store the original files and not keep the original on your own server (push zone)?

It will only work for the pull zone option.  There's too much delay for push zone files to propagate through the maxcdn networks to use push zones. 

I want to use a pull zone, The tutorial on MaxCDN website is not valid anymore : https://www.maxcdn.com/one/tutorial/invision-power-board-cdn/

On new version of Invision this option does not exist anymore.

Get your pull zone all configured and ready to go on MaxCDN.  Once the pull zone is ready (and you have your full URL to your maxcdn pull zone go to ACP > system > Files

Click the "Storage Settings" button, then go to the "configurations" tab. Edit your existing file system storage config, then turn on the "use a custom URL" switch - enter the maxCDN url. 

In short, just follow the same instructions on maxCDN article you linked, with the only difference being where you have to go in ACP to enter the custom URL as I described. The only difference in 4.x for the setup you're using is the field to enter the URL was moved to the location I described above. 

I've already try this option but once configurates our board just stalled, each request takes more than one minute and CSS do not load anymore. We are using SSL, so I'm wondering if it's a bug related to that setup. Our MaxCDN pull zone works properly and MaxCDN tech support had checked it out.

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 13.29.48.png

I'm just guessing here since don't know your website or see how your maxcdn account is set up, but what you are describing sounds to me like maxcdn can't reach your server and is timing out when trying to pull the assets from your origin server.  There's a lot of things that could cause this. What's you website? 

Invision tech support found out it's probably a conflict between CloudFlare and MaxCDN. Not sure about that since we use both of them on our WordPress and it works fine, but Invision support used to reject issues on third parties, but we have to live with that :(

Archived