some issues with ipb

sweethoney

i see some issues with i ipb that might need fixing it has to do with canonical url this is what stops insert page being index on google or bing yahoo ive been test then this out for one week and i have moved the canonical from your and now it seems to be indexing

Basically all a canonical link does is state that the URL in href is the preferred version of the page to be indexed/referenced/used. This is because we use query strings and different parameters in the URL to perform actions and other items on page so these URLs with these items are not seen as duplicate content. I would highly suggest leaving these in or learning more about what/why it is in use prior to modifying your system to remove them. Remember that SEO tools are guidelines and not necessarily something you should 100% follow without reason.

If this is not functioning correctly, please submit a ticket and we can look at it.

Please also remember that every page will not be indexed and being indexed by a search engine takes time and is not an overnight process.

it must be hidden in ipb im not an expert on coding but i have some good idea on how it works my other website is perfect but i cant post it here its just my test site i was seeing the issue because i use SEO Doctor for my add on to check my website for my meda tags and other stuff if i set portal as homepage than there is no issues if i set it 2 forums than it gives me the issue page is not indexable because this page use a canonical url set to www.somedomegum.com

Archived