total theme CSS n00b needs help

LiquidFractal

Hello,

I'm trying my newbie hand at creating a very simple IPB theme - really just changing colours - and I can't find some things.

For example, when I copy this into my custom.css file to edit it:

.ipsType_sectionTitle {
	font-size: 15px;
	font-weight: 400;
	padding: 11px 15px 11px 15px;
	margin-top: 0;
	background: {theme="section_title"};
	color: {theme="section_title_font"};
	border-radius: 2px 2px 0px 0px;
}

I can't seem to find the themes section_title and section_title_font to edit.  If someone could tell me how to find them that would be great!

Ok, so I have made a very simple alternative theme with changed colours only.  But now, for some reason, my Forums listing now appears as tiled instead of as a listing.  As I didn't mess with templates at all, I'm hoping someone can tell me where I can go to switch my forums listing back to the default list format?

Thanks!

OK one more question if one of you fine folks can help out.

Where in the CSS can I control the normal/hover colors of the slide-out quick-search menu?

allcontent.jpg

I'm not sure if it was because of my changing colours (I changed the background colour of #elSearch), but  sometimes when I put my mouse over this menu it goes all white and I cannot access the menu.

5 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

OK one more question if one of you fine folks can help out.

Where in the CSS can I control the normal/hover colors of the slide-out quick-search menu?

allcontent.jpg

I'm not sure if it was because of my changing colours (I changed the background colour of #elSearch), but  sometimes when I put my mouse over this menu it goes all white and I cannot access the menu.

this is a bug in the styles it has always been like this even here, it happens if the search menu filter is opened and you click out side of search and then quickly click inside search before the menu slides to close.

Archived