(NE) Hide content

Hi,

I'm trying to include an data-nosnippet attribute to the message DIV in order to keep the guest messages out of the Google Search snippets.

Thus I changed the template hideAllContent_messageType but without success – no changes visible in the front end.

<div class="ipsMessage ipsMessage_{$type} nehidecontent" data-nosnippet>
{$message|raw}    
</div>

Am I missing something?

BTW – Might be a good idea to have this change in the application.

Andreas

11 minutes ago, NZyan said:

Am I missing something?

I'm assuming that you are using the "Hide all content" functionality, along with the "Use ipsMessage box for replacement content?" setting enabled, which is what would call that template?

Works fine here - template edited, page refreshed:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Sorry, I was confused by different names:

• (NE) Hide content
  • (NE) Hide replies from guests
15 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'm assuming that you are using the "Hide all content" functionality, along with the "Use ipsMessage box for replacement content?" setting enabled, which is what would call that template?

I'm using only images only in forums

Can't find a setting „Use ipsMessage box for replacement content“

I only have „ipsMessage type to use“ – which works well.

I updated the version today to 4.0.4 

Could contain: Page, Text

• 2 months later...

v4.2.0 is pending approval

FIXES

• fixed an incorrect language string being used as the title in the lightbox if you are using the 'Display login prompt in the lightbox' setting.
  • fixed issue where an 'unavailable' link was left in quotes if hiding images which have been linked from external sites.
  • fixed the 'Convert images to links within quotes' setting so that it actually does what it's supposed to do, as it was clearly not working correctly (and not being used by anyone, otherwise it would have been reported previously)

NEW

• If using the 'Convert images to links within quotes' setting, an additional 'Show friendly text for link' setting is now available to allow a more friendly textual element to the link.

CHANGES

• If hiding images, giphy.com images are now hidden.
  • Minor language string updates
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Nathan Explosion 

Please tell me what could be the reason that I display text from Images for attachments and links.

And also if you disable the restriction for links, they are still hidden and a notification is displayed from the image, including internal login links via

I deleted the application and installed it again, but it didn't help, maybe I should also delete the tables in the database? Where to look for them?

Edited by INDIG0
32 minutes ago, INDIG0 said:

Please tell me what could be the reason that I display text from Images for attachments and links.

And also if you disable the restriction for links, they are still hidden and a notification is displayed from the image, including internal login links via

No idea - you've said lots there but not provided helpful information such as what version of the application you are running; what version of Invision's software you are running; maybe a screenshot of what it is that you are describing? And some screenshots of your settings would also be helpful.

32 minutes ago, INDIG0 said:

but it didn't help, maybe I should also delete the tables in the database?

You can delete tables from your database if you wish, but I've not idea why you would do so - hint: this application doesn't have any tables in your database.

So...start again with the request for support...provide better information and then I can assist you.

Also - you installed the app twice today; prior to that your last update/install was done in May.

Is the above issue something that appeared BEFORE you did the 2 installs today, or is one of those installs an update to the latest version?

Or has this issue suddently appeared for you, which then lead you to do the 2 installs?

@Nathan Explosion I went in today as a guest and found the application not working correctly, I decided to update, but it didn't help, below I attach screenshots of the page under the user (admin) and under the guest.  (I have Links, Videos, Images, Attachments hidden in the guest settings). As well as screenshots of the settings from each tab of the app.

(NE) Hide content (v4.3.0)

Invision Community v4.7.10

From member (admin):

Could contain: Grove, Land, Tree, Vegetation, Woodland, Grass, Park, Collage, Pond, Landscape

From guest:

Could contain: Light, File, Adult, Male, Man, Person, Webpage, Face, Head

Screenshots of settings:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

OK - thank you; that is MUCH MORE helpful than what was posted.

So, is the actual issue better described as the following?

1. In the post, there's a link, then a video then an image, then a Youtube embed
  2. However, when viewing as a guest, you see the hidden items as the following (based on the text for hiding)
    1. Image (which is incorrect, as it's a link)
    2. Video (which is correct)
    3. Image (which is correct)

@Nathan Explosion

Yes, that's correct, with the Sliders disabled in the Links settings, meaning it shouldn't hide them at all.
Also, in the Video settings, the "Hide embedded external videos" option is enabled
 Is youtube supposed to be hidden too? But it's showing up.

Also any mention of a user via @ is also hidden for some reason and a message is displayed from "Images", screenshots:

member:

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Person, Webpage, Face, Head

guest:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person, Face, Head, Text

Edited by INDIG0