Opcache

I asked my hosts to install this  but it didn't appear to be working correctly. See below and the hits / misses.

I asked why that would happen and they said it is due to two possible things:
A) Items not cachable
B) As you are running CGI as your PHP handler opcache gets emptied on every request as each of them starts there own cache. The other PHP handler that can be used is "dso" - Would you like me to try enable that? 

How exactly should I be using this?

opcache.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed opcache today and it seems to be working now i've changed to php-fpm from cgi.

One problem I've had reported since though is that the topic list was not updating for guests since I turned opcache on. It's fine for me but I've seen the screenshot and it appears there is an issue there. Anyone else experienced this?

• 1 month later...

I'm using memcache 3.0.9-dev with php 7.0.14 and have Zend OPcache enabled but not sure if it's caching as cache hits are 0, cache scripts is 1 and cache misses is 1....at least that's what it looks like. I also have zlib compression on. 

Does OPcache need to be configured for IPS?

4 hours ago, ASTRAPI said:

@AlexWebsites

Yes you must enable it from advanced configuration menu :-)

@marklcfc

You can use Memcached ....

My hosts don't co-operate when I asked about memcached a few months ago.

Regarding memcached, no progress I'm afraid, it's still yet to recieve an update to allow PHP 7 support as per output from WHM: pecl/memcached requires PHP (version >= 5.2.0, version <= 6.0.0, excluded versions: 6.0.0), installed version is 7.0.11).

There is an apache extension for memcache now which goes via: ea-apache24-mod_socache_memcache however there isn't a PHP extension version.

Just now, ASTRAPI said:

That's a good time to start thinking to do by yourself things and don't wait for others :)

I use it for php7 from a long time ago with no issues !

Well I can't install things by myself on the server as it will only result in the server breaking and my forum being offline.

4 minutes ago, Pross22 said:

Redis? Yes it is! Supports php7 and 7.1

cPanel doesn't currently have native support for Redis however i see there is a feature request of other people requesting this so hopefully this maybe something added soon.

49 minutes ago, Pross22 said:

You cant install redis from your package manager then install redis as a pecl extension? Its taken cpanel 10 years to add php-fpm i wouldnt hold your breath on them adding anything 'soon'.

My hosts have done that now and having activated it I'm not seeing any real difference.

My site is still considerably slower when logged in than when not logged in. Any idea what would cause that?

Archived