Improve the Gallery

ProSkill

I'm using the gallery for years now and my users still don't get how it works... they upload pictures without creating albums or the upload doesn't work => so they upload their pictures via facebook, because it just works

a moment ago an experienced devoloper just gave up trying to upload some pictures in my gallery... he tried it with three different browsers and it didn't work. I've experienced this too, from time to time I do get this generic "there was a problem uploading the file" message and I can't find anything in the logs... that's frustrating

14111775_10210914994650696_1428935083_n.png

14159288_10210914877127758_1084712981_n.png

right now I'm trying to upload 61 pictures (~ 1.5 MB each) and got stuck here for 45 minutes

screener.png

annoying (43 pictures got processed and are in the album but for the rest it seems like it's hanging in the air)e

edit: maybe the cause are pictures with a certain size... got some 10000xsomething pics, which seem not to work (panorama shots)

8 hours ago, ThomasS said:

a moment ago an experienced devoloper just gave up trying to upload some pictures in my gallery... he tried it with three different browsers and it didn't work. I've experienced this too, from time to time I do get this generic "there was a problem uploading the file" message and I can't find anything in the logs... that's frustrating

Oh yes, I get that periodically.  

I just give up.  Wait a couple of days.  Then try again.  Then give up again.  Then rinse and repeat.  

Oh, I'm not the only one. I used a ticket to get help with an error similar to this and was told to solve by switching off all plugins and running through them to see which one is causing the problem. It might be another plugin for me in particular -- I'll post back once I've done the suggested test -- but I have noticed a number of people report issues like this.

This is definitely one of the things they should improve in the upcoming update to the app.

Archived