Permission to submit Support Tickets VS Permission to Update

MADMAN32395

So this is something that is bothering me as it seems backwards. So why can one of my staff members be able to post support tickets via ACP as license holder (instead of their actual name / email) but cannot perform a system update without needing the license holder's credentials (which sharing would be a violation), even if the account holder adds you as a sub-user you still cannot use your own credentials to update the software, but you can login to the client area on here and submit tickets as their own name (unlike ACP). 

So what should be able to happen is for updates, allow users who have the "Can Update/Upgrade" permission on their account be able to update without needing the IPS credential.
and for Support Tickets, still have the permission, but have the user sign in that way for tickets you can see which admin posted a ticket into support (helps for accountability, and questions; that way questions are not targeted to License holder, but instead to who submitted the ticket, in case the license holder wasn't aware of the issue or is away)

• 11 months later...

in the ACP if the other account has permission to update board, but they cannot use the acp updater fully, then what's the point? IPS already sees the license is current via the setting for the license key, so why can't people with the permission to update be able to use the acp updater?

40 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

in the ACP if the other account has permission to update board, but they cannot use the acp updater fully, then what's the point? IPS already sees the license is current via the setting for the license key, so why can't people with the permission to update be able to use the acp updater?

Are you sure it is not working? This was fixed a few moonths ago and one of my admins did upgrade my board this spring. Have not checked 4.2 though

On 8/11/2017 at 2:03 AM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Are you sure it is not working? This was fixed a few moonths ago and one of my admins did upgrade my board this spring. Have not checked 4.2 though

Usually it will ask for the ips login credentials. So as a sub user on the IPS client area it won't let you. Even with ACP permission.

• Management

Alternate contacts should be able to run the auto upgrader. If that's not working for one of your alt contacts, please submit a ticket and specify which one and we'll take a look. Ensure that the contact is assigned to the license in the client area with support privileges. 

1 minute ago, Lindy said:

Alternate contacts should be able to run the auto upgrader. If that's not working for one of your alt contacts, please submit a ticket and specify which one and we'll take a look. Ensure that the contact is assigned to the license in the client area with support privileges. 

ill try again when next update is released. *I havn't tried for a few updates. 

Thanks for the post Lindy :)

Archived