Age Bracket Requirement

• 9 months later...

Hello,

Perhaps with changes to 4.4.8 or 9, Birth date of the new user registration screen is showing months in both the month and day drop-downs.  No one can register for the site.

I can't turn off the plugin either as that would allow members to edit their birthdate.  Can you please take a look and fix ASAP?

Thanks

HaHa, well that is good for you I suppose ... But it is not working on my site or dev site.  Defat skins, custom skins, all mods off, makes no difference.  My assumption is the plugin, simply because it is what adds the birthdate to the registration screen.  I can open a support ticket with IPS if I don't find anything else....

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello!

It seems the latest monthly update from IPS may have affected this badly.... Can you please take a look?  New members end up NOT having a birthdate on their profile.  They are requested to enter it when they log in, but they would be able to put anything at that point.  Multiple errors at registration now.

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, SMen said:

Hello!

It seems the latest monthly update from IPS may have affected this badly.... Can you please take a look?  New members end up NOT having a birthdate on their profile.  They are requested to enter it when they log in, but they would be able to put anything at that point.  Multiple errors at registration now.

Thank you!!

Nothing has changed; plugin works just fine using IPS 4.6.9 with PHP 7.4.9 or 8.0.11:

No change in core methods; no error logged.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:52 AM, Adriano Faria said:

No change in core methods; no error logged.

I have attempted everything within my ability to determine why the error is happening.  The error only shows on the users web browser and nothing shows in the error or system logs, which is strange.  Yet no matter the settings, what is on/off.... everything entered in all 20 fields of the registration page are entered into the user account, with the exception of the birth date every time.

I have sent all the information to IPS... and may even send it to the Theme author.  However, I am fairly certain IPS will point me back to this plugin.

Are you using the marketplace version? If I’m not mistaken I’ve done a custom version of this for a few years ago then this topic isn’t for you. Use the private message if that’s the case.

If you’re using the marketplace version, I can’t reproduce as you can see in the video above.

Disable everything you have from 3rd-party and try this alone.

32 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Are you using the marketplace version? If I’m not mistaken I’ve done a custom version of this for a few years ago then this topic isn’t for you. Use the private message if that’s the case.

If you’re using the marketplace version, I can’t reproduce as you can see in the video above.

Disable everything you have from 3rd-party and try this alone.

No ... it's the maketplace version.... but I meant to add above that it IS working fine on my Dev board which is installed in the same manner.  I am hoping IPS can pinpoint an issue elsewhere.  Strangely, the transfer of the birth date is the only issue... other than a number of errors appearing on the users browser.  (So this is more FYI... in case you think of something)

In a way I am the originator of this program. I paid Elam to write it.  He left, then I paid you to rewrite it and gave you the rights to it. Thank you for keeping it alive.  IPS evidently doesn't feel age is an important field....

Edited by SMen
20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Ok, this is weird. Installed in same server?

Btw, you didn’t say which errors there. It may if you post.

I contacted IPS and they determined it is indeed an app or plugin that is causing the issue.  Because it is the birthdate that is not being transferred and everything else is fine, I automatically assumed that it must be the age-bracket plugin.  But, unfortunately, the problem is with Member Shop.  Turning off Member Shop fixes the issue.

Unsure if it is an issue between Member Shop and Age Bracket, or Member Shop alone..... But that is the info I have....

56 minutes ago, SMen said:

I contacted IPS and they determined it is indeed an app or plugin that is causing the issue.  Because it is the birthdate that is not being transferred and everything else is fine, I automatically assumed that it must be the age-bracket plugin.  But, unfortunately, the problem is with Member Shop.  Turning off Member Shop fixes the issue.

Unsure if it is an issue between Member Shop and Age Bracket, or Member Shop alone..... But that is the info I have....

I'll test them both together and with reply back tomorrow.

18 hours ago, SMen said:

Sorry, still cannot reproduce. Both resources installed from the marketplace:

The video is a bit long but it shows 3 tests I've made, with/without Members Shop adding points to the new member.

On 12/14/2021 at 8:41 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, still cannot reproduce. Both resources installed from the marketplace:

Thanks for going through that.

It's definitely Members Shop, but perhaps because of another app.  So I will test now with Members Shop on, turning off everything else one by one.

• 1 month later...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record......

Problems started two updates ago and seemed to be a conflict between Age Bracket and Members Shop.  I had different outcomes on two different servers.  Since then registrations have been affected with errors and not entering the birthdate.  Fortunately, the pugin then forced the member to enter birthdate...again...after logging on.

This current update flagged this plugin as incompatible on both dev and production servers.  If I enable the plugin, all pages are served as blank white screens.  Then I have to set the server in recovery mode, which disables everything, re-enable everything except this plugin.

Adriano, can you please take a look??

Thank you much!

23 hours ago, SMen said:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record......

Problems started two updates ago and seemed to be a conflict between Age Bracket and Members Shop.  I had different outcomes on two different servers.  Since then registrations have been affected with errors and not entering the birthdate.  Fortunately, the pugin then forced the member to enter birthdate...again...after logging on.

This current update flagged this plugin as incompatible on both dev and production servers.  If I enable the plugin, all pages are served as blank white screens.  Then I have to set the server in recovery mode, which disables everything, re-enable everything except this plugin.

Adriano, can you please take a look??

Thank you much!

Followup:

IPS released a patch....  I thought, okay... wonder if it will make any difference?    I re-enabled the plug-in and the site no longer blew up!!

I know it is frustrating for developers and end-users alike, especially since we evidently can no longer create support tickets anymore without a hefty fee.  If you have any third-party apps, forget it...  The problem is always your apps, not IPS.  It has been frustrating for YEARS.  In the support forum, that was the answer I received to this issue...  "You have an incompatible App or plugin".

I paid to have this application written years ago, in fact, I paid for it twice... two different developers.  Because IPS doesn't feel that an age restricted site is important, but would be so simple to include a couple options for.

I thank Adriano for being here and all the great Apps!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this plugin store the birthdate or is it possible to make it only validate age on registration but then scrap the date of birth (especially if we aren't comfortable storing member's birthdays on our server)?

This would be a request for future versions of this plugin if it isn't already part of the code.