Cache questions

Is file data storage or mysql best.

also i have installed memcached on server but cant select it in ipb admin,box is there & not greyed out but cant select anything but no caching.

Is there anything else i need to do to use memcache

They are not in grey,look like they are tickable but wont select & Memcached is correctly installed & running.

systemctl status memcached
● memcached.service - Memcached
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/memcached.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2016-07-17 09:37:30 BST; 3h 36min ago
 Main PID: 1000 (memcached)
   CGroup: /system.slice/memcached.service
           └─1000 /usr/bin/memcached -u memcached -p 1337 -m 4096 -c 2000

@mfahl

thanks for the screen - there is a problem in the configuration of the php extension at your system - after sucessfull and correct installation of the extension it looks like this:

caching.jpg

you must add it also to your PHP.ini & restart/apply php settings 

then check your php info

1 hour ago, mfahl said:

Cansomeone please give me definitive instructions for installing php for memcache & how to get it running for ipb4.

Thanks

if you are not really familiar with server (if you have a server?) installation, then it is better you contact your hoster for resolving the problem.

Regarding your screen, if you match it with my screen, there is a problem with missing php extension or it is not set in php.ini, or it is not running correctly, or there can be also other problems, too much possibilities

If you have installed everything correctly & complete you get the same in ACP - IPS ticket support will not help you, because it is out of service agreement

As well it always belongs to your installation, what system you are using, which php version, nginx or apache, ....  and much more - it is not possible to give there a general guide - sorry ..

I have a self managed server,running centos 7 & cpanel.

Apache 2.4

Php 5.6

I have memcached intalled & working fine,its the php part i need help with.

systemctl status memcached
● memcached.service - Memcached
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/memcached.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2016-07-17 09:37:30 BST; 3h 36min ago
 Main PID: 1000 (memcached)
   CGroup: /system.slice/memcached.service
           └─1000 /usr/bin/memcached -u memcached -p 1337 -m 4096 -c 2000

• 5 weeks later...

Archived