Copy Permissions

• 11 months later...

1. I can't believe I missed this.

2. I can't believe IPS don't think this is useful enough to have in the core and I usually don't like to say that.

Question! Do you think this would work with Awards?

EDIT: So I tried it, was looking good but after submitting for a copy got an error message:

EX0 Something went wrong. Please try again.

With this log:

UnderflowException:  (0)
#0 /home/chronill/public_html/init.php(443) : eval()'d code(35): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\Node\hook839->copyPermissions()
#2 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#3 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home/chronill/public_html/applications/awards/modules/admin/awards/manage.php(36): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/chronill/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\awards\modules\admin\awards\_manage->execute()
#6 /home/chronill/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Edited by Simon Woods
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, sudo said:

Its possible its something at my end though as its a fresh test import.

Not sure, may be. It seems to work fine on my board:

I tried to copy from a forum to "Mentoria", which is a sub in subcategory/category. Tried a few different set ups (category levels) and works fine.

Feel free to send a message with ACP access. Maybe I'm not understanding the issue and need to take a look.

Aha I found the issue, its working now. It appears the ipb hotfix patch may have fixed it as I just installed that and its working now.

Thanks for your speedy help though.

EDIT: Hmm looking at the changes I dont *think* it was that maybe, possibly a cache issue.

EDIT 2: So I have 2 sub categories, one I manually set permissions for after importing after it wouldnt show the expand > icon next to it, it now shows in the drop down but the other sub category still does not show the expand > icon even though there are forums under it. I wonder if its because I have not specifically set permissions on those sub forums yet. Either way at least I have a rough idea how to work around it and its probably an IPB quirk.

Edited by sudo
  • 1 year later...