Email Issues - Too many

loccom

Greetings

Just upgraded to 4.1.7... users are complaining that suddenly getting loads of emails. around 650 an hour which is much more than 3.4 used to send.

Did some research here to find out how to fix this, and I am telling members how to fix this, However, I would like to do this globally for everyone.

Any ideas?

Notification emails.  Also when i mean 650, I mean thats how many we are sending out, not per member.

These are also maxing my hourly allowance. I can up this but I dont want to change this. Just want to update profiles to change them to

Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community

I just upgraded and also had an email overload issue, lol

You'll want to visit AdminCP -> Members -> Notifications and make sure all the "Member can edit" toggle switches are turned ON.

Then, inform your members that they can click their notification bell at the top of the page and then click on their notification settings and adjust their preferences. Also encourage them to unfollow any content they are not interested in following anymore.

And then apologize, lol...

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/25061-how-can-i-reduce-the-amount-of-emails-i-receive-from-jwtalk/

- Bob

22 hours ago, loccom said:

....and I am telling members how to fix this, However, I would like to do this globally for everyone.

Oops. I missed this. Sorry.

There's probably a way to change the value for that field in the database table using something like myPHPadmin, but it would take some digging to find that table in the database, since I'm not too familiar with 4.1.x yet. Then a command could be run to change it for all members.

On 1/23/2016 at 8:18 PM, Rhett said:

It looks/sounds like you may have selected to convert friends to followers, and they may be getting notified via email on everything a followed member does. 

@Rhett This was not the case, I did not convert friends to followers. I had complains that their settings were overridden

Archived