who got the upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.1.5.2 working

Henk Bartels

Hello,

Can you tell me if someone has managed the upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.1.5.2 without problems??

I have tried several options but non of them works.

The most promising was to copy the new install in the same dir and then go to admin/upgrade.

But that stays in a loop.

So any information would be very helpful.

Henk

To say our upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.1.5.2 went "without problems" would not be quite accurate (actually, there have been many problems!) but we did ultimately manage to get it working, more or less. We followed the standard upgrade path of simply uploading the new files directly in place, then visiting admin/upgrade/index.php -- from there it basically walked us through the process. Are you getting any steps at all, or are you getting nothing when you visit that page? Any errors in your server logs?

Depends what you mean by problems.  I did this as a test upgrade of the full suite about a week ago.  There were a couple of non fatal 'could not find' errors but ultimately it went okay.

Can you say a bit more about the 'option' that you tried? I followed @Woodsman's excellent guide and all went well with a few modifications for my circumstances.

Archived