Jump to content

Site Logos static default vs theme...


Ocean West
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems strange to me that each theme has its own site logo, sharer logo and favicon image.

yes i can understand that some backgrounds and styles may render the standard logo not legible - so having an "OVERRIDE" on a specific theme makes sense.  

It would be nice if there was a way to on the theme to have a toggle to use "default logos" and only have the logo section as an override.
Also in this section perhaps a custom override to the css for the logo's height or width.
 

And yet FORUM icons are static to the forum not dependent on any theme, one would think these would need a theme override?

As for the sharer image and the fav icon - why does this even need to have any variation if an admin is trying to brand their identity why should matter if the end user is using an alternative theme?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

just bringing this point up again... at the very least if i am in a theme it would be nice to be able to IMPORT logos from a prior theme, when tinkering with themes your not always at the computer that has your logos, and there is no easy way to get the logos from one theme to another.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

I am glad to see this cleaned up a bit now in 4.4 however when i am out at a coffee shop and oh say want to add a new theme my logos are on my home computer so I can't add that logo to the new theme because there is no central place for the site logo. (or i have to go fishing for it via ftp or drag it from existing theme )

I would like to see a default site logo upload as well so that new themes would inherit this logo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ocean West said:

I am glad to see this cleaned up a bit now in 4.4 however when i am out at a coffee shop and oh say want to add a new theme my logos are on my home computer so I can't add that logo to the new theme because there is no central place for the site logo. (or i have to go fishing for it via ftp or drag it from existing theme )

I would like to see a default site logo upload as well so that new themes would inherit this logo.

1. Don't you go to coffee shops for ... the coffee?  

Like, I don't really visit a coffee shop to customize a new theme and modify templates in the ACP

2. Can't you copy a theme, which imports everything?

3. Drive home.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

1. Don't you go to coffee shops for ... the coffee?  

Like, I don't really visit a coffee shop to customize a new theme and modify templates in the ACP

2. Can't you copy a theme, which imports everything?

3. Drive home.  

LOL

1. I drink coffee at home, at the office, at the coffee shops (except in Amsterdam) 

2. not if your importing a theme - ooh look a new theme let me install that crap it doesn't have my logo, no elegant way to 'choose from existing' or from the ACP default image.

3. yea but then i'd have to do dishes and laundry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In all seriousness, I think it is great that fellow IPS customers keep suggesting new features or better ways to implement existing ones.  The challenge though is to do it in a way that will garner support from a "lot" of people in order to "really" get IPS attention or a third party developer to take the idea into real consideration.

Your posting may not get you the results you hope for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Favicons and sharer images are not theme-specific. The logo is, which is why it is edited/adjusted by editing a theme and there's no central logo that themes inherit from.

I'm afraid I'm not sure I agree that the site logo should be made more generic. The logo is a resource for a specific theme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bfarber said:

Favicons and sharer images are not theme-specific. The logo is, which is why it is edited/adjusted by editing a theme and there's no central logo that themes inherit from.

I'm afraid I'm not sure I agree that the site logo should be made more generic. The logo is a resource for a specific theme.

But this logic doesn't extend to forum icons; why are these elements not THEME specific if a Forum Icon is designed for a light theme may look great but look awful on a dark theme? 

If this were the case then each theme would require a set of icons for each forum?!

I am fine with NOT adding the logo to Icons & Logos however what would be sufficient is on any given theme the option to UPLOAD or COPY existing logo from another theme.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...