When I enable memcached I get a configuration error

If you dont get any error during configuration change in ACP, I would sugeest clearing cache via System->Support ->Something isn't working correctly.

That was what had helped me when I was trying to install memcached on the server and got the error you mentioned 

4 hours ago, theblackelk said:

This unfortunately did not work, either. I also have a support ticket opened and they stated that there are some issues with 4.0 and memcached that are addressed in 4.1.

Not a good news for me who is planning to upgrade to 4.0.13.1 tomorrow :( Any update ?

Thanks @craigf136 for the feedback. I have upgraded my site a few days ago but have not enabled memcached yet after reading the comments here. Although the site's responses are acceptable I believe a healthy memcache will boost it . Looking forward to any feedback related to this if you have any. Otherwise I will have to keep the site as it is till 4.1

1 minute ago, ABGenc said:

Thanks @craigf136 for the feedback. I have upgraded my site a few days ago but have not enabled memcached yet after reading the comments here. Although the site's responses are acceptable I believe a healthy memcache will boost it . Looking forward to any feedback related to this if you have any. Otherwise I will have to keep the site as it is till 4.1

@ABGenc No problem, happy to feedback what the ticket says. To be honest, I have had this issue for a while but just never got around to looking into it or raising a ticket regarding it until yesterday.

Archived