AJAX features not working after upgrade?

Rachel Crane

Hello,

I recently upgraded to IPS 4 from 3.4.x. I had to export my database, upgrade locally, then re-import to my server as my shared hosting wouldn't let me run the UTF8 converter script.

Now that it's online and upgraded, everything works EXCEPT AJAX based features. Editing posts on the fly (goes to full editor), I can't drag and drop blocks from the left side bar, etc.

Any ideas how to fix? IPS Support can't seem to figure it out yet.

I think you need to clear the cache. I had this exactly before and cleared the cache and it worked.

It is in the admin control panel, click on support and go through the steps till it says it is clearing the cache. Maybe it wont work in your normal browser as it also uses ajax and your cached javascript files are corrupt (happend to me like that once), but there was another way to clear the cache which I forget, i think it involved using another browser that doesnt use ajax.

I think you need to clear the cache. I had this exactly before and cleared the cache and it worked.

It is in the admin control panel, click on support and go through the steps till it says it is clearing the cache. Maybe it wont work in your normal browser as it also uses ajax and your cached javascript files are corrupt (happend to me like that once), but there was another way to clear the cache which I forget, i think it involved using another browser that doesnt use ajax.

I cleared a cache of course

• 2 weeks later...

Archived