How to uninstall a CKeditor plugin

catbreadbat

Hey all,

I recently installed the Ckeditor 'Contextmenu' plugin. However, now I want to remove it, I can't seem to find a way to. I removed the folder from the plugins folder, but the plugin is still active. This particular plugin does not have a button either, so I can't disable it by permissions. Help?

I don't believe it is possible without making a change to the database, where (I believe) the plugin items get added in - normally I'd direct you to edit the config.js file for ckeditor but they aren't added in there. However, if you are willing to try something out the you could try to make use of the removePlugins function in the config.js

interesting; i was curious about this myself,

is there a reason why these addon's cannot be uninstalled? (is that CK inherit?)

Nope. IPS just never added the code for it. It's basically removing a bit of text from the database and removing the folder.

interesting; i was curious about this myself,

is there a reason why these addon's cannot be uninstalled? (is that CK inherit?)

Nothing to do with ckeditor at all - you include plugins using ckeditor functionality. You remove plugins using ckeditor functionality.

Problem is - the remove isn't exposed for use by IPS whereas the include is.

I don't believe it is possible without making a change to the database, where (I believe) the plugin items get added in - normally I'd direct you to edit the config.js file for ckeditor but they aren't added in there. However, if you are willing to try something out the you could try to make use of the removePlugins function in the config.js

RemovePlugins doesn't seem to have worked. This is what I tried 

config.removePlugins = 'menu,contextmenu,panel,flatpanel,tabletools,table';

You'll need to click the reset editor button in the ACP to remove all custom plugins, or edit a row in the database to remove it.

It's a pretty dumb system right now :P

Obviously not a viable option every time I want to add/remove a plugin, lol. Which brings me to my next quote.

Nope. IPS just never added the code for it. It's basically removing a bit of text from the database and removing the folder.

Derp. Great job IPS. Add a way to install something, but not a way to un-install it. Sounds like a great system. lolol

Since I was just experimenting with plugins, I'm resetting the toolbar. But this really needs to be looked at.

RemovePlugins doesn't seem to have worked. This is what I tried 

config.removePlugins = 'menu,contextmenu,panel,flatpanel,tabletools,table';

You're going to need to show me the whole file so I can see what context that has been used in - not as simple as just throwing that in there.

Also, are they all the plugins you've added in by any chance? If so, you might as well use the "hit it with a hammer" approach and restore the defaults.

You're going to need to show me the whole file so I can see what context that has been used in - not as simple as just throwing that in there.

Also, are they all the plugins you've added in by any chance? If so, you might as well use the "hit it with a hammer" approach and restore the defaults.

Already reset haha. I simply appended the code to the end of the file.

Already reset haha. I simply appended the code to the end of the file.

Yeah, that won't work at all. I'll put something up later to show the various ways it could/should be added - even then, I'm not sure if it will work or not as it depends on where IPS are doing the include....will it be before or after the content of config.js (if before, then perfect)

It's a bummer because I'm willing to try and make peace with the editor and it helps knowing there is usually a plugin to address whatever might be bugging me at the moment.

But the attraction of trying out new or different plugins is undone by knowing that I'll have to track down and reinstall ones I like after a reset, rather than back out of one I try and don't want to keep.

Archived