Reset URL $15?

Abi

Hi,

I installed IPB on my local server (localhost) few times. Developed custom stuffs.

Now i want to publish it on my server, and when i click on reset URL, its asking me to pay $15.

This is unacceptable!

The charge is usually only levied if you change your URL more than once every six months or so. It was put in place iirc to prevent licence key sharing etc.

Having said that I would recommend you submit a ticket in the Client Area and explain your situation. :)

For localhost installation you will need to use your license key with -TESTINSTALL suffix.

And nobody told me about this! My bad!

I have opened a ticket, hope they reset the url for free!

They finally do. They just want to prevent "support hopping". Just tell them, what happend and you are good.

Of course they will not, if you change URLs all day... But who likes to do that? It's always a headache for admins to do so.

I was treated well at all concerns (ok, just one i submitted... but... finally... ALL (w00t))

• Management

You can submit a ticket, as mentioned. In most cases, we'll just edit it for you for free. If it becomes a common thing/habit, we may be a bit more suspicious as to what you're up to and impose the fee. 

You can submit a ticket, as mentioned. In most cases, we'll just edit it for you for free. If it becomes a common thing/habit, we may be a bit more suspicious as to what you're up to and impose the fee. 

Thank you!

The charge is usually only levied if you change your URL more than once every six months or so. It was put in place iirc to prevent licence key sharing etc.

Having said that I would recommend you submit a ticket in the Client Area and explain your situation. :)

They finally do. They just want to prevent "support hopping". Just tell them, what happend and you are good.

Of course they will not, if you change URLs all day... But who likes to do that? It's always a headache for admins to do so.

I was treated well at all concerns (ok, just one i submitted... but... finally... ALL (w00t))

Thanks for explaining this - I didn't understand they would charge.

I did change a URL key recently and it did warn me of a potential charge for future changes.

Archived