Reversing 4.0 upgrades to use display names

JohnCourt

The title says it all, I completely misunderstood this portion of the 4.0 upgrades and now our entire community shows emails as default display names, is there anyway to do a global change to show the old display names instead of emails?

Thanks for any help.

Hello John, If you're using cpanel or have manual back-ups you should be able to pull a version from right before your upgrade that changed everything and be good to go Sir. You should of done a back-up before your upgrade also. Good practice to do this if you don't have server/cpanel back-ups. Your host may be able to help you pull a back-up too. I would contact them if you have one and see if they can bring your site back from a certain date. A date from before your last upgrade that changed what you didn't want.

Thank you for the feedback. I did perform a back up fortunately, unfortunately there is already a significant amount of topics that have posted since the upgrade 3 days ago, I'll lose those, but then I guess it's time to decide what is important here isn't it! Display names or keep new content? Hmmm.

Thanks again for the feedback, looks like I have a decision to make here.

Thank you for the feedback. I did perform a back up fortunately, unfortunately there is already a significant amount of topics that have posted since the upgrade 3 days ago, I'll lose those, but then I guess it's time to decide what is important here isn't it! Display names or keep new content? Hmmm.

Thanks again for the feedback, looks like I have a decision to make here.

In the end John they'll understand. Been there before myself over different situations in time... :)

They get over a few posts. Some however may not like emails being displayed and could be a long standing request to change. Eventually you may end up doing it and losing more information.

Regards

Archived