Anyone use 1&1 for there hosting?

Hey there all,

I presently use 1&1 for my hosts and have recently got on to them regarding the PHP memory on my server as I only get 120Mb rather than the 128Mb minimum required for the IPS 4.0 update when it becomes available to general release.. 

I am on the 1&1 Unlimited Plus and they say they are unable to offer me more than I presently get and don't understand why when most hosts are offering more that this and would have thought this would have been something simple for 1&1 to set, so I wondered if anyone else here has managed to get this sorted out, or am i going to have to change to new hosts?

Cheers in advance...!

I wouldn't say Invision sell hosting, they sell a fully hosted and supported community cloud package. In my mind this is not the same thing, both the level and support and the price are very much different.

Assuming saying so is not a huge crime, we have just moved to Nimbus hosting from eUKhost, and while its early days yet we have been very happy with the support the team have given. Almost seamless migration and a staggering hike in site responsiveness. Twice the price, but well worth it, and rewarded with a huge spike in donations from the members, which is our sole site funding model.

Daniel 

• 2 weeks later...

Look for hosts who offer "Enterprise" Shared hosting or "Semi-Dedicated" hosting plans if you aren't ready to make the jump to VPS. 

These plans offer often double the allowable resources and CPU of shared hosts with fewer sites on the servers as well. 

Archived