Change index page/homepage

Hello,

when I installed IPS there was a question which page I want to use as my index page. I choose the board.

Now I created a custom page with IP.Pages and want to set this page as my default index page. But I can't find the setting in AdminCP (already searched for index, main, homepage ...)

Hmm okay you can drag and drop apps, but I have:

[Forums] [Portal - Pages] [News Archive - Pages]

I want:

[Portal - Pages] [Forums] [News Archive - Pages]

Via drag & drop I can only get:

[Portal - Pages] [News Archive - Pages] [Forums]

Seems it is not possible?

Ralf I tried this and ended up with the tabs staying as they are but the forum moving to <mysite>forum/forum?

​Yes, if you make any app other than the forum your main app, the forums will appear under /forum.

Seems it is not possible?

​Yes, the menu items are bundled by app in 4.0. 

To me it really doesn't look very professional having forum/forums or forum/blogs or forum/gallery etc ?

​It isn’t the point to have anything below “forum”. The point is to have one default app (which is the homepage and under “/”) and several possible apps, which each have their URL slug so you don’t run into any conflicts. Because it must be clear what yoursite.com/something is. Is it a forum? An image album? A Pages database?

​It isn’t the point to have anything below “forum”. The point is to have one default app (which is the homepage and under “/”) and several possible apps, which each have their URL slug so you don’t run into any conflicts. Because it must be clear what yoursite.com/something is. Is it a forum? An image album? A Pages database?

​Not on about below forum am on about forum/forums  ... you are already in forum so why have /forums afterwards

Anyway, not going to get into this as looks like will be looking for other software to use after current licenses expire as things changing that looks like may crash 3.4.x site and am afraid to jump into the upgrade on live site in case it does ... shame really but there you go

Is it possible to avoid the links being changed from http://www.domain.no/topic/24871-test/ to http://www.domain.no/forums/topic/24871-test/

​Only by sticking to the forum as default app. You can also modify the url slug itself and pick another name, but it must be there for all secondary apps. 

​Not on about below forum am on about forum/forums  ... you are already in forum so why have /forums afterwards

​Not sure in what situation you think that happens. I can only think of a case where you have manually set up a forum folder, have your suite in there and then not use the forum as default. 

you are already in forum so why have /forums afterwards

​No. IPS is not a forum software. It can contain a forum app but that is not necessary. So I would not run IPS inside a subfolder when using more then one app.

But after all I also don't like the URL http://www.example.com/forums/forum/123-dummy/ when viewing the topiclist of the Forum called Dummy (ID 123).

Luckily under /admin/?app=core&module=settings&controller=advanced&do=furlForm&key=forums_forum you can change the word "forum" to something like topiclist or topics.
So it will look like http://www.example.com/forums/topiclist/123-dummy/ when viewing a forum. (you may change /admin/?app=core&module=settings&controller=advanced&do=furlForm&key=forums_rss too - so it looks the same for RSS)

Is there another way of having a normal portal HTMLpage as the startpage in 4.0 - and keep forumlinks as they are?

Yes!

Step 1: Set the default app to something other than Forum.

Step2: Go to AdminCPAdvanced Configuration > Friendly URLs.

Step 3: Find the following Friendly URL and set (back when Forum is default) to following:

forums/forum/{#id}-{?}.xml > forum/{#id}-{?}.xml
forums/forum/{#id}-{?} > forum/{#id}-{?}
forums/topic/{#id}-{?} > topic/{#id}-{?}
forums/submit > submit

Do not change the Real URL!

That's it! :)

Archived