IP.Content: Directory per Page?

GrooveOnBeat

I used the gateway (index.php in root, and forums in sub folder "forums").  I'm using FURL's.  All links work.

What I want to do is remove the ".html" at the end of the pages.  So the pages appear as if they are in their own directories like below..

mysite.com/articles.html to mysite.com/articles

mysite.com/reviews.html to mysite.com/reviews

While editing each page, I omitted the ".html" in the Page Filename like below.  Links work without the ".html" extension.  Is that a correct way of doing it?

Before

TSqjKMZ.jpg

After

CXO9IPc.jpg

Edited: After removing the ".html" in the Page Filename, when I make up a filename/subdirectory at the end of "articles" like "mysite.com/articles/fillerfiller/dfdssgre" the link still works. :unsure:  Something tells me I'm doing this wrong?

Yes.

​Very simple answer, I like that! :smile:

I noticed that if I type anything after "/articles/" like the following mysite.com/articles/fsdfsfhe, the URL does not automatically change back to "/articles/".

Can I do a rewrite in .htaccess so that the URL will always be mysite.com/articles/?

I noticed that if I type anything after "/articles/" like the following mysite.com/articles/fsdfsfhe, the URL does not automatically change back to "/articles/".

Can I do a rewrite in .htaccess so that the URL will always be mysite.com/articles/?

​Not sure why you would want that. If articles/fsdfsfhe doesn’t exist, it should return a 404 error. 

​Not sure why you would want that. If articles/fsdfsfhe doesn’t exist, it should return a 404 error.

It should, but on another Page I created it's not.  I can type gibberish after the URL and it accepts it.  I'm not sure why at this moment.

I'm not 100% on the reason, but the default pages (Articles and Media Demo) are linked to a database, while my pages are not.  If I add gibberish at the end of the URL to the default pages, I get an error page.  If I add gibberish at the end of the URL on the pages that I created, which are not linked to a database, there is no error page.  The rewrite is ignored and the pages still show up.  Is that a normal behavior?

Yes, that is is true. For a database, another URL slug behind the current entry means another category or record. 
If you are on a simple page, there can’t be any content “below” it and it shows the page. 

But I am not really sure why you even care about this. 

Archived