change from non www to www

salue

Hey guys do anyone know how to change the forum from non www to www.?

because my forum currently generates sites with non www

Example :

http://gamingpcforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33-what-are-your-favorite-rpg-maker-games/

I want it to be  http://www.gamingpcforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33-what-are-your-favorite-rpg-maker-games/ but it keeps forcing to open with out the www :(

Go to the root of your IPS install, open conf_global.php and add www. to the URL

​Shukran Kteer Ahmad

Thank you I tried that now but the website /forum section is slower now is that normal is it like readjusting everything thats why it's slow  ?

note : Becoming to slow :(

​Shukran Kteer Ahmad

Thank you I tried that now but the website /forum section is slower now is that normal is it like readjusting everything thats why it's slow  ?

note : Becoming to slow :(

​I removed the www. it made the forum 100 to 60

now after I remove  the www. it became fast again

I wouldn’t know why this is happening. Maybe something needs to be cached again?
Whatever it is, I would give it some time and the speed problem will probably disappear. There is really no reason why the choice of using or not using www should permanently affect the speed of the site. 

I wouldn’t know why this is happening. Maybe something needs to be cached again?
Whatever it is, I would give it some time and the speed problem will probably disappear. There is really no reason why the choice of using or not using www should permanently affect the speed of the site. 

​I did that before and it didn't work, but now it worked ! 

But logging into forum/admin takes ALONG time over 1 or 2 min

maybe it needs time to re state all the www. ? 

Same goes with opening some posts + profiles 

----

Then after that,IPB support hopefully will fix the consist refresh after people register via login handler (Twitter/G+/FB/Steam ) I opened a ticket about it

Archived