BB Themes - Topic for Feedback

BB Themes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a19fafad3f.jpg

1. Currently your Star citizen theme does not line up properly with how it should be. The navbar icons would be centered in the textured middle area. 

2. If you apply any sort of logo image, it completely messes up the theme. Is there a way to place the logo to the left of the navbar centered vertically with the navbar (with other fix applied). 

Example of logo messing up theme again:

56482ae373.jpg

If the logo instead was on the left of the navbar, with a bit of spacing, it would be perfect. Also notice I tried vertically centering the navbar here with the background image, but it cut off the "lights" effect on the bottom.

Reference image of the "proper" look:

1d238e381c.jpg

1. Currently your Star citizen theme does not line up properly with how it should be. The navbar icons would be centered in the textured middle area. 

2. If you apply any sort of logo image, it completely messes up the theme. Is there a way to place the logo to the left of the navbar centered vertically with the navbar (with other fix applied). 

If the logo instead was on the left of the navbar, with a bit of spacing, it would be perfect. Also notice I tried vertically centering the navbar here with the background image, but it cut off the "lights" effect on the bottom.

Reference image of the "proper" look:

​Yes, It was designed without a logo but I will, tomorrow probably, try to make a version where you have the nav on the right instead and include that in the package! :)

Darktheme bug??

Screenshot_2015-06-05-21-15-56.jpg

​Sadly I'd say no on that one. :( I have the same thing showing on the default theme from IPB, don't you? If so, report it to IPB. :) I could fix it for the theme, but then It wouldnt work for anyone else really. :) 

​Yes, It was designed without a logo but I will, tomorrow probably, try to make a version where you have the nav on the right instead and include that in the package! :)

​Sadly I'd say no on that one. :( I have the same thing showing on the default theme from IPB, don't you? If so, report it to IPB. :) I could fix it for the theme, but then It wouldnt work for anyone else really. :) 

​I look forward to it. I am sure anyone looking for an SC theme would be already expecting the logo to work. Not many people want to run a forum where they cant show their logo or name of the forum :P

​I look forward to it. I am sure anyone looking for an SC theme would be already expecting the logo to work. Not many people want to run a forum where they cant show their logo or name of the forum :P

​Hehe, indeed. This is just why It's not currently working properly - I didn't have one up.. :) haha. But will set to fix this in the morning so there is 2 versions

56482ae373.jpg

​Hey there. Did some digging. The logo you're using does not have a height proper to the theme and thereby requires some unique tweaking for it to function properly. Just set 

#elLogo img {
    height: 87px;
}

as example and the image background at top will look as it should. It is not supposed to scale to the image used, that would open too many gateways to looking awefull an thereby you only need to tweak the logo size to fit properly. :) As far as the navigation going on the right of the image goes, that could still be done, but it would require some changes to the HTML which we generally try to not do in order to prevent themes of being written over by patches etc and that is why its currently on the left side. We could however change it customly, but that would require HTML changes as mentioned, and that is something I do not want to have in the marketplace pack. :) Send me a PM if you still want that however and we could open a convo about it. :) 

​Hey there. Did some digging. The logo you're using does not have a height proper to the theme and thereby requires some unique tweaking for it to function properly. Just set  

#elLogo img {
}

as example and the image background at top will look as it should. It is not supposed to scale to the image used, that would open too many gateways to looking awefull an thereby you only need to tweak the logo size to fit properly. :) As far as the navigation going on the right of the image goes, that could still be done, but it would require some changes to the HTML which we generally try to not do in order to prevent themes of being written over by patches etc and that is why its currently on the left side. We could however change it customly, but that would require HTML changes as mentioned, and that is something I do not want to have in the marketplace pack. :) Send me a PM if you still want that however and we could open a convo about it. :) 

​Applying a 87px height image does not fix the navbar being not centered, and looks awkward at best.

8d96bb0f16.jpg

The navbar, again, is completely too far down.

I will PM you about putting the logo on the left, to match the proper Star Citizen look.

Example of navbar in proper position: 

1d238e381c.jpg

​Example of navbar in proper position: 

1d238e381c.jpg

​That is not the proper position for IPB, that is the position for their site which is built in a different way. On our end we decided to put it where it is in order to not have any HTML changes. Obviously you can always adjust the positioning if you want it elsewhere, but as we do not want the navbar to be overwritten because of patches and such, it will remain placed there in the package. :) 

​That is not the proper position for IPB, that is the position for their site which is built in a different way. On our end we decided to put it where it is in order to not have any HTML changes. Obviously you can always adjust the positioning if you want it elsewhere, but as we do not want the navbar to be overwritten because of patches and such, it will remain placed there in the package. :) 

​Ignore the logo placement for a second. The navbar buttons themselves are not properly aligned vertically. How do we fix this.

Hello, I'm interested in your dark theme. The theme is compatible alwasy with new versions, or we need to wait for you to release a compatible version, for example with the next 4.0.8?

​I am running all my themes on an up to date forum, currently also posting updates as fast as I can see issues caused by patches and such. :) 

​Ignore the logo placement for a second. The navbar buttons themselves are not properly aligned vertically. How do we fix this.

​It all depends on what you mean with properly, it is all working as intended if you compare it to the demo version, or am i missing the issue? :) Currently the width of the nav item and also thereby the spacing between them is directly related to the length of the name of said "button", therefor if you have different length of the names, the navbuttons will have different spacing inbetween them. This can be altered customly, but as it is right now, its supposed to be. :) If we would have made it always the same size, it wouldnt have worked per standard for all different boards, now it works and you can tweak the distance / size if you want it to allign in another way etc. :)

​I am running all my themes on an up to date forum, currently also posting updates as fast as I can see issues caused by patches and such. :) 

​It all depends on what you mean with properly, it is all working as intended if you compare it to the demo version, or am i missing the issue? :) Currently the width of the nav item and also thereby the spacing between them is directly related to the length of the name of said "button", therefor if you have different length of the names, the navbuttons will have different spacing inbetween them. This can be altered customly, but as it is right now, its supposed to be. :) If we would have made it always the same size, it wouldnt have worked per standard for all different boards, now it works and you can tweak the distance / size if you want it to allign in another way etc. :)

​Look. Your theme has issues. I am trying to help by pointing them out. Every answer you have given has been along the lines of avoiding the issue. These are simple fixes and CSS adjustments for a custom theme and I'm asking you provide quality. Not being able to use a logo or website name? Not having your basic navbar lining up the same as someone who would purchase the skin would expect? These are basics of basics.

You started by first offering to fix it (two packages, your words) then completely backed out of everything when it involved some sort of work. On top of that, when I opened a PM for some help, you said you'd do so for fees.

I'll be looking into a refund. 

I hope I understood your issues correctly this time, but it is hard when you only offer a picture of something that looks completely correct to me myself.

​Look. Your theme has issues. I am trying to help by pointing them out. Every answer you have given has been along the lines of avoiding the issue. These are simple fixes and CSS adjustments for a custom theme and I'm asking you provide quality. Not being able to use a logo or website name? Not having your basic navbar lining up the same as someone who would purchase the skin would expect? These are basics of basics.

You started by first offering to fix it (two packages, your words) then completely backed out of everything when it involved some sort of work. On top of that, when I opened a PM for some help, you said you'd do so for fees.

I'll be looking into a refund. 

​To be fair, I first misunderstood the issue and then offered you simple help by giving you the custom height code needed to have. The navbar is working as intended, as shown on the demo site the navbar is supposed to work this way as there are many different category names and even custom names that none really can make a theme that looks good and spaces correctly, hence it has been made so that the navbutton is wider when the name of said button is longer, just like all other navigational themes on this site (afaik).

Notice the spacing in this example from the demo site :

X59afMq.png

Notice how a more default navbar looks and you'll see its the same :

g9nrApk.png

Notice how it does give more width for the buttons whenever the button itself has a longer name. You keep throwing words out there such as "not proper, issues" etc but the fact remains that this is what was showcased and this is what have been sold. It is pointed out not only through images in the theme how it looks, but also by a demo site. I will not spend time for free helping someone customize these things with your demands. You are free to open up a conversation about a refund, but the theme works 100% as it is supposed to, just because you in hindsight changed your mind about 1 detail of it does not entitle you to demand change and threaten with refunds, it doesn't work like that. Now, I and anyone who knows simple css on this forum and everywhere else can help you do this change, but i have to stress that this is a custom change from the theme, the theme is supposed to look like this and you cannot come swamping up a feedback thread just because you do not like the response, it will however be the same each time - It is working as intended.

Now, as you seem to have a quite high demand for rather low cost themes I think you should consider having someone create a 100% custom theme just for you rather than use a generic one as the generic ones will always be focused on working for everyone rather than fulfilling your own small details, though usually most of the "general" details.

Of course 100% of the issues caused by the theme is to be fixed free of charge, but any change other than what is intended is not included, as will it never be in a package like this. The problem you're having I cannot seem to reproduce, nor have you offered any proof of it actually. As far as I can tell, you are looking to have something changed, which is not included. If it is otherwise, explain and show me what is wrong so that it can be fixed. I am available on Phireman91 if you want the talks to be quicker and the fix, if there is an actual issue, to be made in just minutes.

Without any further details on the matter, I will not be able to change or fix anything and as I also mentioned in the PM conversation, stick to 1 way of communicating, don't post the same thing twice.

I hope I understood your issues correctly this time, but it is hard when you only offer a picture of something that looks completely correct to me myself.

​To be fair, I first misunderstood the issue and then offered you simple help by giving you the custom height code needed to have. The navbar is working as intended, as shown on the demo site the navbar is supposed to work this way as there are many different category names and even custom names that none really can make a theme that looks good and spaces correctly, hence it has been made so that the navbutton is wider when the name of said button is longer, just like all other navigational themes on this site (afaik).
Notice the spacing in this example from the demo site :

X59afMq.png

Notice how a more default navbar looks and you'll see its the same :

g9nrApk.png

Notice how it does give more width for the buttons whenever the button itself has a longer name. You keep throwing words out there such as "not proper, issues" etc but the fact remains that this is what was showcased and this is what have been sold. It is pointed out not only through images in the theme how it looks, but also by a demo site. I will not spend time for free helping someone customize these things with your demands. You are free to open up a conversation about a refund, but the theme works 100% as it is supposed to, just because you in hindsight changed your mind about 1 detail of it does not entitle you to demand change and threaten with refunds, it doesn't work like that. Now, I and anyone who knows simple css on this forum and everywhere else can help you do this change, but i have to stress that this is a custom change from the theme, the theme is supposed to look like this and you cannot come swamping up a feedback thread just because you do not like the response, it will however be the same each time - It is working as intended.

Now, as you seem to have a quite high demand for rather low cost themes I think you should consider having someone create a 100% custom theme just for you rather than use a generic one as the generic ones will always be focused on working for everyone rather than fulfilling your own small details, though usually most of the "general" details.

Of course 100% of the issues caused by the theme is to be fixed free of charge, but any change other than what is intended is not included, as will it never be in a package like this. The problem you're having I cannot seem to reproduce, nor have you offered any proof of it actually. As far as I can tell, you are looking to have something changed, which is not included. If it is otherwise, explain and show me what is wrong so that it can be fixed.

Without any further details on the matter, I will not be able to change or fix anything and as I also mentioned in the PM conversation, stick to 1 way of communicating, don't post the same thing twice.

1. ​I've shown you multiple times now, with pictures.

2. You are still going on about the width on the navbar, when I mentioned vertical spacing and logo placement. I have never mentioned a single thing about the width.

3. You acknowledged the issue and offered separate packages first, then backtracked.

4. You asked me to PM you about the logo. This thread was concerning the vertical placement of the navbar - two separate issues. Logo is one issue (cannot use logos on your theme correctly without breaking the look further) and Navbar (not aligned with wallpaper behind it properly) is another.

5. This is a feedback thread. I was giving you feedback on where your theme has visual issues in comparison to the proper SC themes out there. Simple CSS fixes, correct, I certainly was not expecting so much pushback. I don't feel its my position to have to go to others for these fixes when they're "simple" and it's your theme. As any IPS dev can lookup, I've spent hundreds if not a thousand+ in this marketplace alone for my clients, and have a literal zero history of issues with developers giving feedback and improving their products, both for my client's gain and their own.

Responses like this do not help (your PM):

You paid 25 dollars for a work that took 5 hours, now understand that 25 dollars is below minimal wage and understand that custom changes that you may want will not be done for free, only fixes for things that are not intended will be for free, as that is the actual package. As you seem unable to hold a conversation on only one frontier, I am now writing up a response in the thread itself. I am urging you to contact IPS, AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the theme, though I might not understand what you're talking about as you seem more interested in complaining that actually explaining the issue. Writing more than 1 sentence is not that hard if you want someone to understand. 

I'll explain one last time, with more detailed pictures. 

Current Theme and Layout:

f1e26c7864.jpg

What most would expect from a Star Citizen theme using the exact same graphics ripped from their own forums:

095339dc82.jpg

Even if the logo cannot be placed to the left, the navbar could at least use some padding to allow it to sit vertically within the blue lines, somewhat matching the Star Citizen look.

If you wish to keep it looking awkward, that's on you. This is a feedback thread.

Edit:

So all of your images link off-site to your personal website instead of locally. ummmmm....

9338ad82a1.png

My background, also loads from Sweden which is the reason why the site loads slow sometimes. Wonder what happens if "hockeyforat.se " goes down?

d5f3338969.png

As much as I love Sweden and all, I'm sure others don't want their images loading from across the world each time their page loads. I don't imagine Google likes it either. If this is present on all of your themes, it needs to change ASAP.

1. ​I've shown you multiple times now, with pictures.

2. You are still going on about the width on the navbar, when I mentioned vertical spacing and logo placement. I have never mentioned a single thing about the width.

3. You acknowledged the issue and offered separate packages first, then backtracked.

4. You asked me to PM you about the logo. This thread was concerning the vertical placement of the navbar - two separate issues. Logo is one issue (cannot use logos on your theme correctly without breaking the look further) and Navbar (not aligned with wallpaper behind it properly) is another.

5. This is a feedback thread. I was giving you feedback on where your theme has visual issues in comparison to the proper SC themes out there. Simple CSS fixes, correct, I certainly was not expecting so much pushback. I don't feel its my position to have to go to others for these fixes when they're "simple" and it's your theme. As any IPS dev can lookup, I've spent hundreds if not a thousand+ in this marketplace alone for my clients, and have a literal zero history of issues with developers giving feedback and improving their products, both for my client's gain and their own.

1. Not enough though apparently, correct? As far as I can tell, it is still working as intended, and it is working as it has been showcased. Where does it differentiate from the demo site?  

2. Then as mentioned, I do not see the issue. Here is however an alignment showcase of the navbar itself :

6HUtM5d.gif

(as you can tell, vertically it works as showcased and it is intended to be that way, still)

3. On different issues, yes, all related to you however. As the theme does not fit with 200px images nor 20px images, you'll have to either put an image as logo with the correct size, or you'll have to scale it with simple CSS just like i provided up top(also added again below here) - the issues you personally have with the navbar not being centered is not something I understand as it is working 100% as shown on the demosite. The navbar and logo are 100% independent when it comes to vertical alignment, just as shown on the demo-site, therefor it is intended. You cant cross-reference with other sites with other framework and another theme and say that that is the way its supposed to be, because thats faulty. The way it is supposed to be is how it is looking on the demo images and on the demo site (the demo site contains an hidden logo for showcase if you inspect the element).

#elLogo img {
}

That makes it look like this, ans as you can see the lights and the borders are 100% kept at place here :

S5ZGNjJ.png

4. Then stop cross referencing yourself and keep it to one channel, you mention the same thing over and over though nothing is faulty.

5. You cannot fix what is not broken. I do appreciate it if you have feedback on how you want it to look, but you cant run here demand it to be "fixed" and claim it to be broken just because you'd rather have it look another way.

Current Theme and Layout:

f1e26c7864.jpg

095339dc82.jpg

Even if the logo cannot be placed to the left, the navbar could at least use some padding to allow it to sit vertically within the blue lines, somewhat matching the Star Citizen look.

If you wish to keep it looking awkward, that's on you. This is a feedback thread.

​Current theme and Layout is how it has been sold and showcased. The site you're referencing to is not the theme that has been sold, which you know as you had access to a demo site before purchase. The navbar will not be changed to the right side just because you personally want it to look like another site, then you'd have to tweak it youself. What I have sold is the CSS that makes up the site, which is also explained on the marketplace item. If you want it to match the RSI site, either request it to be changed in a future update or have someone do it for you - but do not come here demanding it to be "fixed", it's showing like it is supposed to, check the demo and you'll see. This is not awkward for me, and I urge you again, if you have issues with the purchase, contact IPS, because from my part of the table the theme you've been showcased is the theme that you've gotten delivered.

So all of your images link off-site to your personal website instead of locally. ummmmm....

My background, also loads from Sweden which is the reason why the site loads slow sometimes. Wonder what happens if "hockeyforat.se " goes down?

As much as I love Sweden and all, I'm sure others don't want their images loading from across the world each time their page loads. I don't imagine Google likes it either. If this is present on all of your themes, it needs to change ASAP.

At this point, I'm not sure if you are intentionally trolling just to annoy others, But I'll bite. First off, the images are hosted in amsterdam, though over a domain ending with .se, but that is besides the point. I myself decided to host all the files for the time being so that anyone could get the themes working instantly instead of having to host the images of their own and such - Though I do always encourage and tell everyone to host themselves ASAP to get better site load - this is why the files are included and you cannot blame me just because you decided to throw away the imagefiles and disregard the support info :
q7ahQvp.png

As you can see here, all images are included - Why do you think that it is so? If you want to host yourself, you are free to do so and you're actually supposed to do it. So on one hand you're sort of faecesting on me for hosting all files on my server, but you disregard the fact that they're all included in the theme file and you disregard the file that they're all also available for download from hockeyforat.se.

Once more however - I am available on Phireman91 on skype if you want to stop posting these walls of text and instead resolve this in a matter of minutes.

1. Not enough though apparently, correct? As far as I can tell, it is still working as intended, and it is working as it has been showcased. Where does it differentiate from the demo site?  

2. Then as mentioned, I do not see the issue. Here is however an alignment showcase of the navbar itself :

6HUtM5d.gif

(as you can tell, vertically it works as showcased and it is intended to be that way, still)

3. On different issues, yes, all related to you however. As the theme does not fit with 200px images nor 20px images, you'll have to either put an image as logo with the correct size, or you'll have to scale it with simple CSS just like i provided up top(also added again below here) - the issues you personally have with the navbar not being centered is not something I understand as it is working 100% as shown on the demosite. The navbar and logo are 100% independent when it comes to vertical alignment, just as shown on the demo-site, therefor it is intended. You cant cross-reference with other sites with other framework and another theme and say that that is the way its supposed to be, because thats faulty. The way it is supposed to be is how it is looking on the demo images and on the demo site (the demo site contains an hidden logo for showcase if you inspect the element).

#elLogo img {
}

That makes it look like this, ans as you can see the lights and the borders are 100% kept at place here :

S5ZGNjJ.png

4. Then stop cross referencing yourself and keep it to one channel, you mention the same thing over and over though nothing is faulty.

5. You cannot fix what is not broken. I do appreciate it if you have feedback on how you want it to look, but you cant run here demand it to be "fixed" and claim it to be broken just because you'd rather have it look another way.

​Current theme and Layout is how it has been sold and showcased. The site you're referencing to is not the theme that has been sold, which you know as you had access to a demo site before purchase. The navbar will not be changed to the right side just because you personally want it to look like another site, then you'd have to tweak it youself. What I have sold is the CSS that makes up the site, which is also explained on the marketplace item. If you want it to match the RSI site, either request it to be changed in a future update or have someone do it for you - but do not come here demanding it to be "fixed", it's showing like it is supposed to, check the demo and you'll see. This is not awkward for me, and I urge you again, if you have issues with the purchase, contact IPS, because from my part of the table the theme you've been showcased is the theme that you've gotten delivered.

At this point, I'm not sure if you are intentionally trolling just to annoy others, But I'll bite. First off, the images are hosted in amsterdam, though over a domain ending with .se, but that is besides the point. I myself decided to host all the files for the time being so that anyone could get the themes working instantly instead of having to host the images of their own and such - Though I do always encourage and tell everyone to host themselves ASAP to get better site load - this is why the files are included and you cannot blame me just because you decided to throw away the imagefiles and disregard the support info :q7ahQvp.png

As you can see here, all images are included - Why do you think that it is so? If you want to host yourself, you are free to do so and you're actually supposed to do it. So on one hand you're sort of faecesting on me for hosting all files on my server, but you disregard the fact that they're all included in the theme file and you disregard the file that they're all also available for download from hockeyforat.se.

Once more however - I am available on Phireman91 on skype if you want to stop posting these walls of text and instead resolve this in a matter of minutes.

​I've clarified what was needed. Others can make more educated buying decisions.

Thanks for your time.

​I've clarified what was needed. Others can make more educated buying decisions.

Thanks for your time.

​Yes, I hope everyone and anyone who decides to purchase a theme does in fact look at the demo-site first instead of demanding it to look like something else. On top of that, I also expect customers to use the actual included files and not ignore 90% of them, then blame the creator for not having the files, although you can download them again from both hockeyforat.se and the marketplace. Everyone should also be advised that if you do purchase a theme you are entitled to have bugs fixed and such issues, not custom work outside of that criteria. Now, I do wish IPS will come up with a tool to blacklist customers from purchasing themes for customers who do have this behavior, but until then, please stay clear of my items.

Thank you.

​Yes, I hope everyone and anyone who decides to purchase a theme does in fact look at the demo-site first instead of demanding it to look like something else. On top of that, I also expect customers to use the actual included files and not ignore 90% of them, then blame the creator for not having the files, although you can download them again from both hockeyforat.se and the marketplace. Everyone should also be advised that if you do purchase a theme you are entitled to have bugs fixed and such issues, not custom work outside of that criteria. Now, I do wish IPS will come up with a tool to blacklist customers from purchasing themes for customers who do have this behavior, but until then, please stay clear of my items.

Thank you.

​My history on this site is flawless and without incident, and there has never been anything to this extent. Consider that the issue may be you here, considering the fact that in your last 2 pages of responses you've accepted zero liability, fault, or otherwise any issue of your own. You are less than 2 months old on this forum, with zero history prior to these themes.

You can patronize, belittle, or otherwise insult my character all you'd like. Next time you create something, consider multiple support topics first (for each theme), and always make sure images are locally stored during the installation process (aka user uploads the files). There is a resource monitor built-in for themes - use it. There is no excuse for users having to manually edit their images/html post-installation so they don't link to your storage in Europe (aka hotlinking, which is very bad in IPB). 

​My history on this site is flawless and without incident, and there has never been anything to this extent. Consider that the issue may be you here, considering the fact that in your last 2 pages of responses you've accepted zero liability, fault, or otherwise any issue of your own. You are less than 2 months old on this forum, with zero history prior to these themes.

You can patronize, belittle, or otherwise insult my character all you'd like. Next time you create something, consider multiple support topics first (for each theme), and always make sure images are locally stored during the installation process (aka user uploads the files). There is a resource monitor built-in for themes - use it. There is no excuse for users having to manually edit their images post-installation so they don't link to your storage in Europe. Sloppy all around.

​I have responded to everything you've said and explained that nothing is broken whereas you ridicule and talk about things you do not understand. About the last part however, the built-in resource monitor will not be used by myself *until the platform becomes stable, by then it will be standard in the packages and until then it will not be. :) As mentioned in all the themes, for support, send an Email, this thread is for feedback, nothing else, which I already pointed out.
*With all bugs surrounding the ACP and file management right now it may take a month, it may take two.

Hi there,

On the demo site the theme switcher does not appear to be working. Do I have to make an account to use it? I'd like to have a look at a couple of themes before deciding to buy.

Thank you. :D

​Its an IPB bug currently that guests cannot swap themes appropriately, waiting for it to be patched. :)

"

Hello,

this is a bug, which will be fixed in the next release.

Regards,

Daniel Fatkic
Invision Power Services, Inc."

Archived