In Featured Content you made it so that we can add the slider anywhere, outside of the widget containers. Is it possible to do the same with Featured Videos?

There is noway to prevent user edit a template bit. This problem causes by cache. Try to run support tool in step 2 to clear cache and try again. Or give me acp access I take a look.

Clearing cache didn't work. I just tested on a fresh IPB 4.0.10.2 install and same error

z4o8hwT.jpg

I'll investigate further into it. If I can't get it resolved I'll let you know. :smile:

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

In Featured Content you made it so that we can add the slider anywhere, outside of the widget containers. Is it possible to do the same with Featured Videos?

Yes

Clearing cache didn't work. I just tested on a fresh IPB 4.0.10.2 install and same error

Can you click the revert button? 

Yes

Can you please show me how? :lol:

Can you click the revert button?

Yes.

It's a conflict somewhere between these codes (below). I'm narrowing it down, but haven't pinpointed it yet.

{{if $video->container()->bitoptions['reviews']}}

</ul>
<div itemprop='text' data-controller='core.front.core.lightboxedImages'>

Can you please show me how? :lol:

Yes.

It's a conflict somewhere between these codes (below). I'm narrowing it down, but haven't pinpointed it yet.

{{if $video->container()->bitoptions['reviews']}}

</ul>
<div itemprop='text' data-controller='core.front.core.lightboxedImages'>

Can you show the code you want to add into this template bit?

Can you show the code you want to add into this template bit?

Oh sorry. That code I posted is related to the issue I'm having of saving videoInfo template. Where it's "......", the error is coming from that code bit.

I don't want to add anything into that template. Rather I want to remove the author and user photo bits from that template.

{expression="\IPS\Application::load('featuredcontent')->show(1)" raw="true"}

As for the Featured Videos, I'd like to do something like the above, as you made it possible for Featured Content. How can I do this with Featured Videos?

Sorry, I missunderstood, but you can only use widget for Featured Videos.

I did a work around. I just moved the widget box within the globalTemplate to a location only for Videobox index. :lol:

{{if $location['app'] == 'videobox' and $location['module'] == 'video' and $location['controller'] == 'index'}}
    {template="widgetContainer" group="global" app="core" params="'header', 'horizontal'"}
{{endif}}

There is noway to prevent user edit a template bit. This problem causes by cache. Try to run support tool in step 2 to clear cache and try again. Or give me acp access I take a look.

I contacted IPS support to see what causes a template to not save and they said it has to do with the code bits in the template. That error flags problems in the codes of a template. They could not help me further so they suggested to contact the author.

1. One of my steps was to take the unedited codes and place them into an existing template where save works and once pasted, the template cannot save. When I remove the code bits the template can save.

2. Another step was to do a fresh IPB install with no settings or template changes, and only install Videobox. Using the default template I tried to save an unedited "videoinfo" template and I got that error.

Can you please check the codes in "videoinfo" template..

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

I contacted IPS support to see what causes a template to not save and they said it has to do with the code bits in the template. That error flags problems in the codes of a template. They could not help me further so they suggested to contact the author.

1. One of my steps was to take the unedited codes and place them into an existing template where save works and once pasted, the template cannot save. When I remove the code bits the template can save.

2. Another step was to do a fresh IPB install with no settings or template changes, and only install Videobox. Using the default template I tried to save an unedited "videoinfo" template and I got that error.

Can you please check the codes in "videoinfo" template..

I can not reproduce this issue. Please, I need ACP access to take a look. And show me the code bits that you want to add/edit.

Edited by onlyME

OnlyME do you know maybe where i can find and edit this color ? need change to white pls

Color_white.thumb.png.86e85bf099eb44300a

Go to acp > customization > theme > click </> to edit your theme -> videobox -> front -> view -> videoPreview

Find and remove 'ipsAreaBackground_dark'

I have upgraded to the latest version and now I get a blank page when clicking the menu llink

However, I can still access the video from the widget area

http://rimbitforum.com/

EDIT:
I disabled chat (it was never used) and now some of the videos are showing, but it shows...

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2

FORUM: 4.0.11
Videobox: 1.0.20

Edited by HippieDude

I have upgraded to the latest version and now I get a blank page when clicking the menu llink

However, I can still access the video from the widget area

http://rimbitforum.com/

EDIT:
I disabled chat (it was never used) and now some of the videos are showing, but it shows...

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX2

FORUM: 4.0.11
Videobox: 1.0.20

Please give me ACP access so I can take a look.

I use the

I'm curious...Why does Videobox have its own menu/menu child templates which override IPB's? Is It because of the Search?

To use for custom menu. You can see in my demo site. 

Http://demo.ipsviet.com 

And the search form for only videobox that can search tags, fields, titles easily. Some of my clients only use videobox for their movie site so they dont need ips search (so hard to search), example:

Http://fcine.net

Currently 1.0.20 has a bug in menu on mobile, I will fix in today.

I use the

To use for custom menu. You can see in my demo site.

http://demo.ipsviet.com

And the search form for only videobox that can search tags, fields, titles easily. Some of my clients only use videobox for their movie site so they dont need ips search (so hard to search), example:

http://fcine.net

Currently 1.0.20 has a bug in menu on mobile, I will fix in today.

Ah ok. I wondered why my edits in navbar weren't working. :D

Although I have Videobox search off, the Videobox menu template (and menu child template) still overrides IPB's navbar template (and navbar child template). Not sure why, but I can do the edits nonetheless. I just need to do them in the menu templates. :)

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

Ah ok. I wondered why my edits in navbar weren't working. :D

Although I have Videobox search off, the Videobox menu template (and menu child template) still overrides IPB's navbar template (and navbar child template). Not sure why, but I can do the edits nonetheless. :)

Because it uses replacing template bit method. There is a custom menu in settings, did you try it?

Because it uses replacing template bit method. There is a custom menu in settings, did you try it?

Ah, no wonder! I wanted to add CSS classes to some of the div tags, but instead of adding them into navbar template I had to add them in menu template. :lol:

I haven't tried the custom menu yet, but since I have categories I can play with the settings and add those in. I didn't set up collections yet.

Ah, no wonder! I wanted to add CSS classes to some of the div tags, but instead of adding them into navbar template I had to add them in menu template. :lol:

I haven't tried the custom menu yet, but since I have categories I can play with the settings and add those in. I didn't set up collections yet.

In Custom Menu you can use html :smile:

<b>Your link title</b>,http://yourlink.com
<div class='yourclass'>Your link title 2</div>,http://yourlink2.com