BBCodes don't work

Apfelstrudel

We upgraded to the earliest alphas and there were many bugs with the rebuild tools that have since been resolved.

If you upgrade from 3.4.x to the latest release, many background tasks are kicked off to get content ready for 4.0 once the upgrade is complete.  Some of these tasks include rebuilding bbcode and building the search index.  Any content on this site that is not rebuilt is not indicative of a current problem in the 4.0 upgrade or rebuild routines, but simply a problem in earlier alphas with regards to rebuilding content.

You likely have background tasks in your ACP that will run (based on activity on the board), but you can either (1) set up a cron job to run them quicker, or (2) manually run the background tasks from the ACP dashboard.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for bumping this old topic but this seems to be still and issue, i just upgraded an old test board of mine after running all the background process that were to be ran.

bbcode on my forum dont work at all. I have a custom bbcode on the forum that I use on almost every post and now all my post are broke because if not working, I cant even find anywhere in the acp like before where we could edit bbcode

the custom bbcode i used was just to post a frame of a url into post.

i went and looked all my post were changed to the new method but I cant get new post to work like that when trying to create it the new way i take my old bbcode info and put it into a new button and i just get a frame with a not authorized to use this instead of a frame of the page I would plug in.

also there seems to be an issue with buttons, if you try to save it with anything other than inline it wont save.

Archived