IPS4 Default Style

Lexy

Now I'm not referencing anything here but the actual skin. No easy mode, manual mode, in dev etc... just the skin. If we're referring to the stock skins look it's ok imo. If we're talking about skinning the stock theme itself the potential is simply amazing. Yes I said amazing. There's so many big/little goodies in this package. Blows 3.4 through the water imo.

I think any default theme on IPB is meant to have enough character to appeal to the average person, but not over-stylized so that it deters easy editing, or websites that don't want all of the fluff. It's a nice happy medium.

As a skinner, I think 4.0 looks good. Responsiveness is the biggest victory, here. 3.x was not responsive, and was a pain on mobile, whether you used the mobile skin or not. 4.0 fixes that. It doesn't look like much, but I can tell you to code the forum to be responsive likely gave Rikki the biggest headache ever. But seeing it in action is beautiful.

I can't really comment on how good the skin is to modify yet, I'm still waiting on a final release to unleash judgment, but I do give credit to IPS for what they have done so far.

Not 100% sure how in love I am with the skin as far as looks are concerned, but that's why there are skinners to design and make cool new things out of what IPS has given us as a starting point.

I think any default theme on IPB is meant to have enough character to appeal to the average person, but not over-stylized so that it deters easy editing, or websites that don't want all of the fluff. It's a nice happy medium.

As a skinner, I think 4.0 looks good. Responsiveness is the biggest victory, here. 3.x was not responsive, and was a pain on mobile, whether you used the mobile skin or not. 4.0 fixes that. It doesn't look like much, but I can tell you to code the forum to be responsive likely gave Rikki the biggest headache ever. But seeing it in action is beautiful.

I can't really comment on how good the skin is to modify yet, I'm still waiting on a final release to unleash judgment, but I do give credit to IPS for what they have done so far.

Not 100% sure how in love I am with the skin as far as looks are concerned, but that's why there are skinners to design and make cool new things out of what IPS has given us as a starting point.

​To be honest its not to bad... I just did a fixed skin on my local and it turned out pretty damn nice.... having a few issues with font awesome but not that big of a deal... My biggest issue is saving it to a usable download.

it's too safe in my opinion. I liked the look in the earlier stages much more.. with the navbar at the top of the header, more white and less blue, etc. Seems they are trying to emulate the look of IPS3 too much instead of going for something totally new aesthetically. 

Archived