Is Community IPS4 using any Cachin Method?

RevengeFNF

Indeed - right now we are working with pretty stock functionality that doesn't require server side software (e.g. we are also not using Sphinx which is supported) to get a better gauge of what the majority of our clients will be seeing.

​Does IPS4 supports real time index with Sphinx?

It does but actually we don't use Sphinx as much as we used to. Newer versions of MySQL are a lot more efficient with search particularly now that InnoDB supports FULLTEXT. Of course Sphinx has other benefits too.

​Its true. But if we are able to use Sphinx with the View New Content, that will be very good for the performance of the board.

I do not use Sphinx with View New Content on 3.4.7, because it only index each 15 minutes. With real time index's its a completely different story.

It does but actually we don't use Sphinx as much as we used to. Newer versions of MySQL are a lot more efficient with search particularly now that InnoDB supports FULLTEXT. Of course Sphinx has other benefits too.

MySQL is still pretty terrible and hugely limited in regards to searching, both functionality and performance wise. I don't work with Sphinx a lot, but I have dabbled with Elasticsearch and it is worlds better than having to work with MySQL when you need to do a lot of searching, and the same surely can be said about Sphinx when you can actually fully utilize it.

Archived