can't send emails on Cloudflare

hello,

yes, i get this error message : Could not open a socket to the SMTP server

i 'd changed mail method to php mail and i get this message : Could not send the email

i have the some troubles when trying to get a new password (forgot pass) or when sending PMs some times !

in your dns records. most likely the issue would be on cloudflare end.

lot depends how you set it up, if the host has it built into cpanel you can check there if you had to do it manually by changing nameservers then its on CF end.

cloudflare documentation explains all the setups.

hello,

i deactivated cloudflare and restore my old dns, i still cant send mails from my board !!

when i choose php mail method it tell me that the mail is sent but i dont receive any thing ! when i choose smtp method it take many time and dosent send any thing !

i am confused .. what can be the raison !?

Have you had problems previous to this? you have stated that when you enable CloudFlare that the emails stopped sending. Did they ever send correctly?

Do you have an SMTP server or is it hosted for you? if you have one check your badmail folder or queue folder to see if they are being created successfully.

Regards

Have you had problems previous to this? you have stated that when you enable CloudFlare that the emails stopped sending. Did they ever send correctly?

Do you have an SMTP server or is it hosted for you? if you have one check your badmail folder or queue folder to see if they are being created successfully.

Regards

hey Rugger,

yes i think (i am note sure) mails work correctly before, after installing cloudflare cdn i get this problem, now i restored my old dns but it dosent work !!

i have an smtp server (mailchimp man drill like)

If you have disabled CloudFlare and reverted back to your old DNS settings and the mail is not sending then I would think that it wasn't set up properly. You will have to get the mail server working - either SMTP or PHP mail()

Regards

mailchimp man drill like

what exactly does this mean?

if you are on vps/dedicated server using csf firewall in latest version you must allow the user in SMTP_BLOCK settings, even with with that turned off it will block you in gui setup, not sure about non-gui csf install.

if you never installed csf then disregard that.

what is server setup? this shared server, vps, dedicated?

I have also the same problem and is not possible to anyone to solve it even IPB support :sad:

I am using also the free cloudflare account...

Maybe is the spf record wrong or the advanced high level security that scrambles some ipb code(if i not wrong) to alter the mail so you will avoid spam but maybe that is the problem not sending bulk mails...

But if you send a test mail is working fine...

I hope that IB investigate more and check the free Cloudflare account and try to send 1.000 bulk mails as a lot users is using cloudflare or plan to use it.....

PS: I always use for bulk mails the HP mail and not SMTP ....Also Mandrill for a medium forum and up is not an option and you have to pay extra and also they do not deliver them fast.

I am using CloudFlare and my emails send correctly - if there is a problem it is in how your mail or hosting servers are configured. As I told Janyour - you need to disable CloudFlare and confirm that your emails are sending correctly. If you know for sure that CloudFlare is affecting you sending emails then you should lower all caching and security options and work from there.

Once you know that you can send emails with CF disabled you will know the cause, once you know the cause you can work towards a fix.

Duc

I just notice that running this link every few seconds the mails are sending just fine (but slow due to limit of 50 per cycle):

http://www.domain.com/index.php?app=core&module=task&ck=f93dbfaa8fea714wa88a639cef1cd8b2f

Now why is this working an how can i fix it?

Archived