Holy exec time Batman!

My demo board... 1 user online, ME, no guests... 5 topics, 3 members and the stock IP.Content homepage with parse articles replaced with a topic feed block...

My only guess here is that the server is overcrowded... This is a very regular occurance on both this board and another one hosted with a seperate company... So maybe it's an optimization issue on my part w/ the board, even though the optimation settings are STOCK...

I'm having identical issues on two of my boards... Both on shared hosting... You click the logo, and it takes 10 seconds before the site even thinks about going to the home page... Then it takes another 10 to load the page so you can actually do something w/ it...

yeah... Host...

Once in a blue moon I get this...
Exec. Time: 0.3914 Load: -- Queries: 45 queries

Average is in the high teens... Worst I've seen so far is 45...

My other board may be exceeding the limits of shared hosting... So I may move both to a VPS sooner rather than later...

Great Content IP problem is the large number of queries needed to run the code below:

<h3>{$title}</h3>

<if test="is_array( $records ) && count( $records )">

{parse striping="feed_striping" classes="row1,row2 altrow"}

<foreach loop="$records as $r">

</foreach>

</if>

It's just an example.
And the query execution time, depends really, and host settings. But even so, even if you have good host settings, I have not seen 80 queries to execute in one second or less. Only if you're only visitor to the site and you are in front of the server. But what good is that!
Imagine you have 1,000 users online in 15 minutes and IP Content home page needs 85 queries, as the server will respond? I do not want to imagine it.

Above, I spoke my humble experience. I tested my web site on three different hosts, one being a home server and behavior is the same. So let's not blame primarily on the host.

Great Content IP problem is the large number of queries needed to run the code below:

<h3>{$title}</h3>

<if test="is_array( $records ) && count( $records )">

{parse striping="feed_striping" classes="row1,row2 altrow"}

<foreach loop="$records as $r">

</foreach>

</if>

It's just an example.
And the query execution time, depends really, and host settings. But even so, even if you have good host settings, I have not seen 80 queries to execute in one second or less. Only if you're only visitor to the site and you are in front of the server. But what good is that!
Imagine you have 1,000 users online in 15 minutes and IP Content home page needs 85 queries, as the server will respond? I do not want to imagine it.

Above, I spoke my humble experience. I tested my web site on three different hosts, one being a home server and behavior is the same. So let's not blame primarily on the host.

Donpetru, the factual posts in this topic kind of prove your statement moot.
The number of queries has little relevance upon the execution time.... the Efficiency of those queries however does.... one badly written slow query can and will affect that more than 50 efficient ones.
45 queries, 33 seconds, 58 queries, about 1 half of a second.
Apples and Oranges, a symptom not the cause.... it always boils down to the server, from a bad mysql tuning to plain bad hosting.
At least, ala stock... badly written custom code I have seen do this.... including random php external files to do stuff in content as well.

Blue moon again...

There are only 2 non-IPS hooks on here... Both of which have been disabled for this and the two above..... So 10 seconds to exec a STOCK board index... (recent topics included)

Exec. Time: 0.1288 Load: -- Queries: 8 queries

I guess i'm on the hunt for either another host or a better plan w/ my current host.

MT: I understand what you said.

What do you think my result below (detailed

here see post no.29

):

Exec. Time: 10.6149 Queries: 88 queries

In the index page where is it IPC application I found where result those 83 queries (now I have seen it 85 queries). Distribution of queries is the following:

- 7 queries - header and footer;

- 5 queries - IPC board statistics and active user(s);

- 36 queries - IPC right side bar hooks;

- 20 queries - IPC articles

- 6 queries - IP Content Glceasytabs

If I try to access the forum, the total number of queries is 9 (entire forum website).

Now, even with the forum that has those 9 queries, when the number of visitors to the site rises above 50, then show overload problems and the site loads harder. Why? How do you think will improve site access, after I remove those or some queries?

I think you need to have someone like .Gary(Rhett, I believe, also does this well) look over your VPS(I am not this guy), when you get an unmanaged VPS, you are looking at pretty much stock sql/php configs(literally a fresh install as you will), this is pre-tuned on shared hosting(non-VPS, VPS is still 'shared', and can be more oversold than normal 'shared' in certain cases, in which case it is your host, move away) to a varying extent, and stock leaves much to be desired.

its been said many times in other topics the

been said in many places you have bad host. you can screw around trying to force it to work but you are wasting your time.

^ A bad host, is a bad host, the package(this means you Aiwa as well), or any tuning/fighting with it, will not help enough to matter when it is a bad host... overcrowded is plain overcrowded... they do it at one paid package level, they will usually do it at them all.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

I am concerned about how long my shared hosting will last me. If somebody could have a quick look at my site and its functions, would they be able to tell me how many users at one time i would be able to support before having to consider a VPS or dedicated hosting.

Sorry if this is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

Sorry to hijack this thread.

I am concerned about how long my shared hosting will last me. If somebody could have a quick look at my site and its functions, would they be able to tell me how many users at one time i would be able to support before having to consider a VPS or dedicated hosting.

Sorry if this is like asking "how long is a piece of string?"

You've got a while....

Not sure if that was a serious answer or not..

Right now the site is not really fully launched so yes i will have a while. I was more wondering at what point most IPB communities have to make the switch from shared hosting.

Im not sure how full the server is but it seems relatively fast for me so lets say its your average shared hosting plan.

Archived