RSVP - Yes, No, Maybe

JustinC

the RSVP system is great, but my community is the central point for our club and we have two or three events per week. We have to staff events properly, so its important to know who is going to be there. without a "NO" we spend a lot of time chasing un-RSVP'd people down to find out if they just haven't clicked it yet or if they really aren't going.

This guy asked the same question in pre-sales:
http://community.inv.../page__hl__rsvp

I posted a mod request:

I have also contacted multiple dev folks listed in the Custom Services section of this site, but no one really wants to do database work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Justin

www.uf1houston.com

• 1 month later...

the RSVP system is great, but my community is the central point for our club and we have two or three events per week. We have to staff events properly, so its important to know who is going to be there. without a "NO" we spend a lot of time chasing un-RSVP'd people down to find out if they just haven't clicked it yet or if they really aren't going.

This guy asked the same question in pre-sales:

I posted a mod request:

I have also contacted multiple dev folks listed in the Custom Services section of this site, but no one really wants to do database work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Justin

www.uf1houston.com

It is not a lack of capable database working hands.

We have to staff events properly, so its important to know who is going to be there. without a "NO" we spend a lot of time chasing un-RSVP'd people down to find out if they just haven't clicked it yet or if they really aren't going.

An RSVP Attending, is I will be there, most sane people would assume anyone not listed as attending would be not attending.
You would still be chasing them for no other reason to push a button saying I will not be present, a button nobody would press without the cajoling and pushing you are already doing.

Ummm, I will have to lend my support to JustinC. Just take a look at the evite set up. Most hosts need concrete numbers to order food and ensure there is enough seating, etc. Without the affirmative, it is very difficult to plan.

As I type this, I reread Marcher's response and there is sound logic there but there is also the human factor. "Oh, I forgot to say yes ... but here I am!!!" [bloody hell, they ran out of food Marge!!! ....]

I would also really like to have the features similar to evite in the calendar system, with yes/no/maybe. So useful for social situations.

It is not a lack of capable database working hands.

An RSVP Attending, is I will be there, most sane people would assume anyone not listed as attending would be not attending.

You would still be chasing them for no other reason to push a button saying I will not be present, a button nobody would press without the cajoling and pushing you are already doing.

Have to disagree here. A negative response means you can officially cross someone off the list. No response is... no response. Just because someone didn't say yes doesn't automatically mean it's a no. Could be they never saw the invite or just forgot to respond.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't it be easier just to put in big bold letters somewhere: "IF YOU DON'T CLICK YES, WE WILL ASSUME YOU ARE NOT COMING AND THEREFORE WILL BE NO FOOD FOR YOU IF YOU DO COME"... and put it in emails if you send them.

Then you can just tell them it's their fault for inaction.

Solved :smile:

Marcher is right. Extra buttons or not, you will still be chasing up people.

Just wanted to give a real life example of Evite although I am sure many of you are familiar with this structure.

Situation: Homeowners are planning a progressive dinner for this weekend. (For those unfamiliar with a progressive dinner, appetizers are hosted at one house, dinner is hosted at another house, and dessert is hosted at a third house.)

First eVite was sent in mid-July

This printscreen is from an email sent today, 30 Aug 2012, and the event is on 01 Sep 2012.

post-142839-0-18367900-1346347668_thumb.

To date, including replies to the reminder sent just this morning:

Yes: 93
No: 23
Maybe: 4
Not yet replied: 106

With only 3 days left until the event, it is extremly difficult for the hosts to plan the number of tables, ice, cups, plates, cutlery, and so on.

This is why, given human nature, it is so important to have features like yes/no/maybe at the very least in an RSVP invite system.

A HUGE thank you to the modder working to develop this feature.

Have you thanked your modder lately?

Archived