The Moderating Team page

Smokey-Rev

I just saw the somewhat re-designed moderating team page here. I like it, however, I do have one suggestion

Why not make it so that we can add groups to it? so it looks similar to what I've done here? Just a thought. vBulletin has had this as a built-in feature since as long as I can remember and I think it'd work well for a lot of people with multiple groups and such. :)

I like the sound of this. On my sites, I give super moderators access to certain parts of the ACP, but it's a little weird to see them listed as "administrators" on the moderating team page (presumably because that page currently relies on the "can access ACP?" switch to generate the list?). Perhaps an "include group on moderation team page?" switch could be added to groups, and the page could be generated based on this switch rather than the ability to access the ACP and the global "is super mod" permission.

Listing administrators on the moderating team page is a catch 22. I agree they shouldn't inherently be listed (unless they are also super moderators) as administrative vs moderator duties are separated, however many clients feel they should be (because if a user has an account issue, they may go to that page to find an administrator to contact about it).

Listing administrators on the moderating team page is a catch 22. I agree they shouldn't inherently be listed (unless they are also super moderators) as administrative vs moderator duties are separated, however many clients feel they should be (because if a user has an account issue, they may go to that page to find an administrator to contact about it).

Then if that true why not add a contact us part of IP.Board built in system from?

While a "contact us" form isn't a bad idea, that does not change the fact that many clients still want administrators displayed on the moderating team page. :)

Hello.

It would be nice to still keep admins separated from mods as in 3.2.

The per-group "show group on moderating team page?" setting I suggested would address this and let every admin choose for themselves which groups they'd like on that page. :) The exact duties of admins and moderators vary from forum to forum - super mods are in the position to deal with account issues on my sites, for instance - so I feel there should be some room for customization in this area.

The per-group "show group on moderating team page?" setting I suggested would address this and let every admin choose for themselves which groups they'd like on that page. :smile: The exact duties of admins and moderators vary from forum to forum - super mods are in the position to deal with account issues on my sites, for instance - so I feel there should be some room for customization in this area.

^ This. This has been a feature both vBulletin and MyBB have had for years! and I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure Xenforo has this as well...what's IPB's excuse for not including a simple setting in the adminCP? :P

An average site has probably 10-40 moderators.

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

The group is also shown, so it is not generally difficult to load this page and pick out who you want to contact.

There is always room for improvement, mind you - I'm not arguing. Just stating that there are multiple considerations to take into account in this instance.

I've made a few changes which will be live later.

I've added the ability to 'hide' a group when they've been added as a forum moderator and I've cleaned up the page a little.

Hello.

I actually think the online tooltip makes it worse. I suppose I'm being overly picky.

Archived