feature suggestion.... pm archive

Marcher Technologies

...... so, i have a 250 message limit here, that is a quantifiable amount....
but its full>.<
I have already HAD to clear a good number previously...
2 weeks ago.
can we not have a move to archive area that doesn't affect the pm count, and becomes read-only?
even if it was "pruned" say once every month-couple months eg, task admin could change....
hate possibly losing valuable info.

...... so, i have a 250 message limit here, that is a quantifiable amount....

but its full>.<

I have already HAD to clear a good number previously...

2 weeks ago.

can we not have a move to archive area that doesn't affect the pm count, and becomes read-only?

even if it was "pruned" say once every month-couple months eg, task admin could change....

hate possibly losing valuable info.

If you're wanting IPB to create a downloadable archive to be able to delete the PMs while retaining a copy for your own use to be stored elsewhere, I think that'd be great.

However, if it's just a request to change the organization of PMs while retaining them in the PM center, it wouldn't help at all because it'd still be using up space in the database, and limiting the number of PMs one can have is done to manage database storage.

If you're wanting IPB to create a downloadable archive to be able to delete the PMs while retaining a copy for your own use to be stored elsewhere, I think that'd be great.

However, if it's just a request to change the organization of PMs while retaining them in the PM center, it wouldn't help at all because it'd still be using up space in the database, and limiting the number of PMs one can have is done to manage database storage.

ideally, i could check multiple messages, click archive and yes, get a copy, fine.

Why not just view the PM you want to archive, click the archive option, then delete it?

all of them?

Archived