PLEASE change who's online for 3.2

7SiN

I know this won't affect too many people since this is only a bigboard problem. But the who's online and stats are just...not nice to look at with how it's set up if you have a lot of users online:
%7Boption%7D

As you can see, I have set my online stats to only 5 minutes and it still stretches the crap out of my site. Yes, I can manually change this, but it's quite annoying to. Why not optimize it for all sites? IF anything, do what xF has done and put a cut off to show only x number of users? That way I can set it to 15 minutes like we had in the past, it will show all the activity we have on the site, but not stretch the page, adding extra links and making the page size bigger for search engine bots.

I still like the way vbulletin has there's laid out as it seems more condensed in appearance, especially on bigboard sites. There is just way too much white space when looking at my "who's online"...even when set to 5 minutes.

Cool I was about to post the same thing...how did you change it? Is it more horizontal as opposed to vertical?

All in due time. We'll blog about changes to the board index once we're ready. We're still trying some various ideas there now, so we don't want to show screenshots that will almost certainly change before final.

All in due time. We'll blog about changes to the board index once we're ready. We're still trying some various ideas there now, so we don't want to show screenshots that will almost certainly change before final.

What have you done? If you've moved it into the side bar which i dont use like XF I can't upgrade. You should show screenshots earlier, incase its a disaster like parts of VNC, and then you'll know before completing it all.

PLEASE don't change who's online for 3.2.

What have you done? If you've moved it into the side bar which i dont use like XF I can't upgrade. You should show screenshots earlier, incase its a disaster like parts of VNC, and then you'll know before completing it all.

PLEASE don't change who's online for 3.2.

Firstly, I don't think parts of VNC are "a disaster". That's an opinion.

Secondly, we ARE showing screenshots early. We are showing them once we feel we've reached a point where the interface is likely to stay similar to it's current design. If we showed you a screenshot now, then tomorrow completely redesigned something, what good would showing you the screenshot now do?

Give us time. We post about things that are to come in the blog as soon as we are able to.

Archived