IPB Performance

Hi, How are u guys make IPB fast.

Im enable all posible caches in IPB admin panel

Im tune all Apache settings

im use AddModule mod_gzip.c and it works

mod_gzip_on                   Yes	mod_gzip_can_negotiate        Yes	mod_gzip_static_suffix        .gz	AddEncoding              gzip .gz	mod_gzip_update_static        No	mod_gzip_command_version      '/mod_gzip_status'	mod_gzip_temp_dir             /home/sites/gzip	mod_gzip_keep_workfiles       No	mod_gzip_minimum_file_size    500	mod_gzip_maximum_file_size    5000000	mod_gzip_maximum_inmem_size   60000	mod_gzip_min_http             1000	mod_gzip_handle_methods       GET POST		mod_gzip_item_include         file       .php$	mod_gzip_item_include         file       .html$	mod_gzip_item_include         file       .js$	mod_gzip_item_include         file       .css$	mod_gzip_item_include         mime       ^text/html	mod_gzip_item_include         mime       ^text/plain	mod_gzip_item_include         mime       ^text/css$	mod_gzip_item_include         mime       ^application/x-javascript$	mod_gzip_item_include		mime	 ^application/javascript$	mod_gzip_item_exclude         file       .gif$	mod_gzip_item_exclude         file       .png$	mod_gzip_item_exclude         file       .jpg$		mod_gzip_dechunk              Yes		LogFormat                     "%h %l %u %t \"%V %r\" %

put it on a good server and not a crappy host.

Im use dedicated server:

OS: FreeBSD 7.2Hardware: Intel Xeon 3230-Quad Core 2.6GHz/4GB DDR2 RAM/250GB SATA II

hw.machine: i386hw.model: Intel® Xeon® CPU X3230 @ 2.66GHz
hw.physmem: 3743772672
hw.realmem: 3756916736

What servers are u use guys? i think this server is ok, or not?

and server load really low

post-148328-0-35847700-1297930262_thumb.

post-148328-0-78287100-1297930276_thumb.

website address is surftime.ru

because you run a dedicated machine, you may want to post some configuration information in the Server Optimization area of the site so its seen by the group of members here who can best help you.

If your MySQL is tuned badly or there's IO issues you may see a few bottle necks

cat /etc/my.cnf

[mysqld]

bind-address=127.0.0.1

ft_min_word_len=3

skip-locking

skip-innodb

skip-bdb

query_cache_size =128M

key_buffer_size =128M

query_cache_limit = 2M

thread_cache_size = 6

table_cache = 512

In apache im have default settings for

MinSpareServers 5

MaxSpareServers 10

MaxClients 150

Im do AB benchmark and have this results

bn33# ab -n 100 -c 10 http://surftime.ru/

Benchmarking surftime.ru (be patient).....done

Server Software: Apache
Server Hostname: surftime.ru
Server Port: 80

Document Path: /
Document Length: 230526 bytes

Concurrency Level: 10
Time taken for tests: 142.470 seconds
Complete requests: 100
Failed requests: 99
(Connect: 0, Receive: 0, Length: 99, Exceptions: 0)
Write errors: 0
Total transferred: 23094753 bytes
HTML transferred: 23068653 bytes
Requests per second: 0.70 [#/sec] (mean)
Time per request: 14246.966 [ms] (mean)
Time per request: 1424.697 [ms] (mean, across all concurrent requests)
Transfer rate: 158.30 [Kbytes/sec] received

Connection Times (ms)
min mean[+/-sd] median max
Connect: 11 12 2.6 11 23
Processing: 6615 14146 1437.1 14167 21990
Waiting: 6397 13885 1427.4 13896 21702
Total: 6634 14159 1436.6 14178 22001

Percentage of the requests served within a certain time (ms)
50% 14178
66% 14421
75% 14594
80% 14732
90% 15237
95% 15504
98% 15569
99% 22001
100% 22001 (longest request)

The results it terrible

I can almost guarantee that this is nothing to do with IP.Board, or your server. This is much more likely to be a routing problem between users/Google and your server's data center.

Unfortunately, routing between Russia (and Eastern Europe) and the rest of the world seems to have sporadic issues that can make your site look slow, even when it's blazing fast most of the time.

For example, I've just run some tests from one of our servers and we get between 5% and 10% packet loss on the route to your server. In addition, ping response times vary from a normal 100-200ms, to 2000ms. This can have a huge impact on the "feel" of your site's speed, and the pagespeed tracking that Google records.

I can almost guarantee that this is nothing to do with IP.Board, or your server. This is much more likely to be a routing problem between users/Google and your server's data center.

Unfortunately, routing between Russia (and Eastern Europe) and the rest of the world seems to have sporadic issues that can make your site look slow, even when it's blazing fast most of the time.

For example, I've just run some tests from one of our servers and we get between 5% and 10% packet loss on the route to your server. In addition, ping response times vary from a normal 100-200ms, to 2000ms. This can have a huge impact on the "feel" of your site's speed, and the pagespeed tracking that Google records.

If u check my server ip adrees u can see it located in Dallas USA, im use only USA dedicated servers for my projects.

To check it its easy like:

ping surftime.ru and the whois 174.36.244.76

OrgName: SoftLayer Technologies Inc.

OrgId: SOFTL

Address: 1950 N Stemmons Freeway

City: Dallas

StateProv: TX

PostalCode: 75207

So at the moment IPB support have the most stupidest answer in all topic, thanks guys;)

P.S: and yes im do all tests from my enother USA server, and of course google servers located in USA to.

P.P.S:

I've just run some tests from one of our servers and we get between 5% and 10% packet loss on the route to your server.

Can u post here your test results please.

This is my test from server 64.120.141.26

OrgName: Network Operations Center Inc.

OrgId: NOCAddress: PO Box 591

City: Scranton

and results looks very good

64 bytes from 174.36.244.76: icmp_seq=0 ttl=58 time=11.032 ms

99 packets transmitted, 99 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 10.816/11.172/11.531/0.168 ms

I just went to your site and it loads very fast.

But, the total time it took is 10+ seconds. Why? Because there was a bad gravatar requests that ate up 10 seconds on certain pages.
The 2nd biggest bottleneck to loading time is facebook. It's eating about 2~3 seconds on average for your page to complete.
After browser cache takes place, everything's loaded under 1.5 seconds. I'm not sure I see the problem except for some false measurements. Bottleneck of the time measured is not your server at all.

Your graphs show that your server isn't having any problems as well from hardware wise (though, possibly the most troublesome, iostat isn't posted).
From SSH, you can type "iostat" and paste it to show io stats. But, doubt it's the problem.

If u check my server ip adrees u can see it located in Dallas USA, im use only USA dedicated servers for my projects.

So at the moment IPB support have the most stupidest answer in all topic, thanks guys;)

Hey - There's no need to be rude, I'm only trying to help.

The confusion stemmed from the last hop on traceroute:

10 174.36.244.76-static.reverse.reserver.ru (174.36.244.76) 145.382 ms 144.516 ms 144.973 ms

but it seems that is your server, so fair enough. Today i'm getting no packet loss, yesterday I got 5-10% from our server.

As for site speed, I'd agree with the above. Your site loads fast, but all of the (quite a lot of) additional resources make up the 10+ seconds.

Your site load's fine, Only delay was serving the images and such other than that it responds well, Even a USA server, To the UK ping was 64ms to me and 0 packet loss, But the ping times are quick for me due to using fastpath.

To me mysql is fine, I would say the apache would need tuning, If you want speed then mod_fcgi is your only option, And I would 100% use this with FCGI if your not managing other websites on the box.

I have a question for you... why are you hosting a server for Russians in the USA? your target audience is Russia and your server should be closest to your target.

Just wondering..........

Thats easy bro, audience of the site is people who travel around the world and i think location in usa is good choice. For example, if u location vietnam or indonesia transfer data from USA much more faster then from europe.

And from russia to usa internet channel is very fast.

Thanks guys

Your site load's fine, Only delay was serving the images and such other than that it responds well, Even a USA server, To the UK ping was 64ms to me and 0 packet loss, But the ping times are quick for me due to using fastpath.

To me mysql is fine, I would say the apache would need tuning, If you want speed then mod_fcgi is your only option, And I would 100% use this with FCGI if your not managing other websites on the box.

What do u think about some accelerators? like

eAccelerator

Alternative PHP Cache

* Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * * Remove the following redirect chain if possible: * *

Remove the following redirect chain if possible:

Basically www and without www issue, if I am correct.

For me it's working fast.

What you are using at?

In my front page i use many of IP.Content blocks how result its many sql queries. U must setup cache lifetime to minimize it.

With TTL i have around 24-25 queries per second to my site and mysql load is really slow

Without TTL mysql load is 40% and i have 0.6-0.7 queries per second

In my front page i use many of IP.Content blocks how result its many sql queries. U must setup cache lifetime to minimize it.

With TTL i have around 24-25 queries per second to my site and mysql load is really slow

Without TTL mysql load is 40% and i have 0.6-0.7 queries per second

Isn't the load should increase with high QPS ?

TTL On -> 25 QPS -> Load Slow ??
TTL Off -> 0.7 QPS -> Load 40% i.e. Higher or Lower then before?

I am so confused with your explanation... Please elaborate.
Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived