Make IP Address clickable/searchable via Active Users

Biker.GA

Hello.. Are you talking about when you view the Online Users? If so, I would agree.. it's one thing I miss coming from vB.. being able to see a bunch of Guests on my board and not being able to see what IP they are coming from is a loss in IPB.

I used that feature over on vB often to find a bunch of guest coming from the same IP address which was in Russia so it was easy to ban that IP address.

In IPB I don't have the option and would love to see it.

Jamie

Very good your suggestion, will make things much easier.
This code will make your suggestion.

Look & Feel > Skin > Online List > showOnlineList

Find:

<span class='ip'>( {$session['ip_address']} )</span>

Replace:

<span class='ip'><a href="{parse url="app=core&amp;module=usercp&amp;tab=members&amp;area=mod_ipaddress&amp;do=custom&amp;ip={$session['ip_address']}" base="public"}" title='{$this->lang->words['info_about_this_ip']}'>( {$session['ip_address']} )</a></span>

Sorry for bad English.

I either did something wrong in this cut and paste or this isn't working.

Currently I have 19 guests on my site. Three of them are logging in... the others are viewing the Board index or various other parts of the site.

Under vB I could click their IP address (which was shown) on any of them and it would resolve that ip address.. If the three guest that were 'loggin in' were all the same ip address AND from a country I didn't trust I could ban them for a few hours/days...

Under IPB I don't see an easy way of tracking people's ip addresses and I don't see a way at all to have it show guests ip addresses.

Jamie

Under IPB I don't see an easy way of tracking people's ip addresses and I don't see a way at all to have it show guests ip addresses.

ACP -> System Settings -> Security and Privacy. All the way at the bottom. Turn Disable admin groups viewing online users IP address in online user list? off.

ACP -> System Settings -> Security and Privacy. All the way at the bottom. Turn Disable admin groups viewing online users IP address in online user list? off.

Perfect! Thanks! And to think.... I thought I had been through all these options trying to learn them... I must have missed that one!

Jamie

• 6 years later...

Archived