What would you like for v3.2?

Wolfie

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Social groups & More 'per group' control over profiles (about me, contact info, etc).

One more thing which is not added on here is the ability to make group permissions so a select group has the option to change their member title instead of the amount of posts a certain member has before they change it. This is good for subscription groups who pay for memberships.

Please, if you upgrade, give us the ability to use older skins or modifications if possible. At least skins, a small suggestion would be to just fill the missing code for new features with the default code to sort of 'patch' skins until the colors were blended.

Agreed, can't upgrade unless I redo everything which is going to take me hours, for such a small upgrade in terms of new features.

Just to remind everyone, please post suggestions in separate topics as well. The poll idea is to get a feel for what people want more than other things, it's not a guaranteed list of things by IPS. Just a way for us customers to express to IPS what we'd like to see in the next release. My hope is that it might be of some success and in the future IPS might implement something similar in the future for letting us customers get a choice on what has the greatest chance of being in the next release.

So please, be sure to post in separate topics as well, because if you mention a new idea in this topic, it's likely to get missed by IPS or get lost amongst the other posts.

Okay been almost a week, thought I'd post the current results. Out of 82 votes, 11 are null votes, leaving 71 members who actually voted. The following results are sorted in order of greatest votes to least votes (with tie votes being in the same order as in the poll). I have not altered the results, including not removing votes from people who over-voted (more than 5 items).

General stuff (please choose 3 to 5 items ONLY) Top 5 winning votes are in bold.
09. Tagging/similar topics (38 votes)
01. Social groups (34 votes)
06. AJAX preview search option (24 votes)
14. Save drafts (topic/post) (21 votes)
04. (TIE) Per post: Grace period for "Edited by" message; disable author ability to edit (per post) (19 votes)
19. (TIE) Be able to post/reply via email (19 votes)
20. (TIE) Something that gives a hot girlfriend. Preferrably a celeb one. (19 votes)
02. Member controlled starting tab when viewing profile (18 votes)
05. More 'per group' control over profiles (about me, contact info, etc) (17 votes)
16. Moderator controls: Topic message/warning; more control over profiles without ACP (17 votes)
11. More focus on forum/discussions instead of profiles (16 votes)
17. Signature/avatar locker (13 votes)
08. Editor editor (editor to edit the layout of the post editor) (12 votes)
03. Show emoticon code when hovering over emoticon (11 votes)
18. Recent Topics / New Content / Active Topics (ask Stephen D) (11 votes)
15. Pick/choose which forums to use in VNC (customized 'forums' layout) (9 votes)
07. Affiliates feature (associating sites) (8 votes)
12. Hide content from member until they reply to topic (8 votes)
10. Convert quoted images into spoiler/url tags (6 votes)
13. Custom messages for members (I dunno, ask Olivier) (2 votes)

ACP improvements
2. More stats (20 votes)
3. Better layout (19 votes) (Close second)
5. N/A (nah to the above) (18 votes)
1. Voted Pick default tab without editing file (9 votes)
4. Folder/SQL check for unused items (5 votes)

Skin related
2. Jquery (22 votes)
1. Additional lighter theme (fixed width option) (15 votes)
5. N/A (nah to the above) (15 votes)
4. Voted Better skin upgrader (14 votes)
3. XHTML (5 votes)

So I guess we can expect the wench to show up with the next upgrade? I can live with that. :lol:

No. It's just a poll of what people want out of the given choices. Hopefully it'll help IPS decide what to work on next, but it's not guaranteed that it'll affect their decisions at all. Now, if they were to implement that hot girl for v3.2, then that'd be great! :D

Frankly, as we've explained multiple times, we don't generally refer to topics like these when working on new versions. There's way too many suggestions in one topic, too much side chat, hard to see what suggestion is when browsing the forum list, and so on.

We request that you post individual feature suggestions in individual topics. It's much, much easier for us to go through individual topics than one massive super-topic.

We request that you post individual feature suggestions in individual topics. It's much, much easier for us to go through individual topics than one massive super-topic.

Well, all of these suggestions has been posted in separate threads, this was just a sort-list to see which 3.2 suggestions that are the "most wanted" right now.

Yes. The idea is to have people say what they want more than the other things, so that we (customers) can communicate what are biggest interests are. Of course, the obvious flaw to it is that there are only a limited number of things we can pick from, but of the different items listed, it can narrow down the focus some.

My hope, and I'm sure a few others would like this as well, is that when IPS has a list of items to choose from for what to add to a new version, that perhaps we'll get to pick from that list. I understand that there will always be certain features that won't be discussed until they are ready, but sometimes it can be nice to be told, "Pick your favorite" and then the one with the most votes gets treated with "Okay we'll include that in the next release." :)

• Emoticon Categories.

Definitely support that!

How about some ability to choose which areas use your profile picture and which use your avatar? Or changing it so that the profile picture is only used in your profile, and your avatar is used everywhere else? Right now, it almost seems like which areas use which were chosen at random, and it really is very confusing.

Or changing it so that the profile picture is only used in your profile, and your avatar is used everywhere else? Right now, it almost seems like which areas use which were chosen at random, and it really is very confusing.

Probably using rand(1,2) to choose which to show each time. :lol:

What no developer features in there? Hooks to add additional options to the members, forums and groups admin cp forms without having to edit files or use an extension(because that would be require a new app when it is not needed in any form).

Could only fit 20 options and they were all important ones, especially that one about a hot girl.

Just make another topic about it. :)

Archived