"View New Content" - Search with IPB 3.1

Noles

When I go to "View New Content", I think the Search category should automatically change like it does when going to the forums, members, or even topics, etc.

It defaults to "Help Files" and I think that not only the default should be "Forums" - as that's most likely what people will need to be searching through - when changing the category in "View New Content" the category will change for search as well.

%7Boption%7D

Ultimately one would just need to change their search selection which takes all of 3 seconds... but I think this is a pretty simple request and makes sense. :rolleyes:

Example of what I want (note the right side):

View new Forum content -

%7Boption%7D

View new Members content -

%7Boption%7D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question about New Content since the 3.1 beta. It appears that the older topics, and read topics, no longer show up regardless of my settings/options. Was that intentional? :unsure:

I'm not sure where this question should go, but this thread is thread is titled "View New Content".

I have a question about New Content since the 3.1 beta. It appears that the older topics, and read topics, no longer show up regardless of my settings/options. Was that intentional? :unsure:

I'm not sure where this question should go, but this thread is thread is titled "View New Content".

My read topics aren't disappearing, I was just about to add that to this thread.

Also, new replies (like yours) aren't showing up when I click "View New Content" - the only way I knew you replied was via e-mail. :blink:

Something is wrong. >_<

%7Boption%7D

My New Content is frozen in time, 5:25am today was the last entry, and it is not being updated. Yes it is the forums tab of new content.

It's weird because mine is being updated a bit, but it never shows new replies to this topic or other new topics besides one or two.

The New content timestamps are when the topics started, but they seem to be sorted by last post time, but they are not really being updated correctly.

In addition, from what I can tell, the 2 'search settings' (settings -> general settings, bottom of the page)
do not affect the New Content. I believe they did yesterday. :unsure:

View new content is unuseable for me. Pressing it I get 40 pages of results even if I mark the board read and then press it again. The newest post is 1.25 a.m. yesterday. I'm not seeing any of today's posts.

3DKiwi

I feel so out of the loop, not being able to use my VNC to see all of the latest topics... :ermm:

:unsure:

• Management

We know about active content and view new content. Please remember this is a beta preview, it's not at release quality yet so you will expect issues.

Saying that, I've been receiving emails fine. Are you not getting any board emails at all?

I came here manually since I didn't receive any email notification about your reply.
For some reason, this: http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=21383 is the only thread I'm getting email notifications from.
Why just one? No clue.

• Management

Do you have your notification prefs set to email you when a new reply or post is made?

Check here: http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Archived