"Deleted Member" when validating users? What?!

AtariAge

I just went to validate some users (I have email and admin validation enabled) and saw something I've never seen before. One of the users awaiting admin validation is showing up as "Deleted Member" where the display name is normally located.

I upgraded to 3.0.5 from 3.0.4 yesterday.

Here's a screenshot showing the Validating page in the ACP:

%7Boption%7D

Ignore all the extra links, those are to help me research and tag spammers.

Here's what I see when I click on the "Deleted Member" link (where the display name normally appears):

%7Boption%7D

As you can see it shows "Editing [blank]" (no username) and the Display Name field is blank.

What the heck is going on? This never happened with 3.0.4 or earlier versions of IP.Board. Is this some sort of new feature or has something gone awry?

Thanks,

..Al

Do you have the spam guard set to delete known spammers?

I don't see such a setting. The three options for the various "Report Actions" are:

- Proceed with the account registration
- Flag the account for administrator review
- Register the account but immediately mark it as banned

%7Boption%7D

..Al

For some reason they don't have a display name... not sure how that would happen off the top of my head but it's not intended.

Considering this happened only 24 hours after I upgraded to 3.0.5 and has never happened in the past, I have to assume that it's related to changes made in 3.0.5. If it happens again I will be more concerned. Not sure what to do with this "Deleted Member" account.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this again, there is definitely some sort of issue here with 3.0.5 as it never occurred with previous versions of the forum:

post-116410-126297058861_thumb.png

I changed the user's "Display Name" to the login name. I only started using Display Names about a month and a half ago. Since it's the Display Name that is blank, it obviously seems somehow related to that. :)

Going to file a bug for this now.

..Al

You running facebook connect? Setting the FB Connect user group to validating would do something similar... But that's not totally it..

What does the record for the user look like in ACP->Logs->Spam Service Logs?

What level are they, and what action takes place? Might be some kind of dual hit problem.. If A and B then C type deal.

You running facebook connect? Setting the FB Connect user group to validating would do something similar... But that's not totally it..

I am running Facebook connect and I have the member group set to "Members". This user didn't come in through Facebook.

What does the record for the user look like in ACP->Logs->Spam Service Logs?

What level are they, and what action takes place? Might be some kind of dual hit problem.. If A and B then C type deal.

Set to, "1: Probably not spam". Doesn't do anything in that case.

..Al

Archived