Suggestion - team icons that are skin based

The Old Man

Unfortunately team icons are board based and not skin based - crazy isn't it?

If you install some nice team icons, they show up in all of your installed skins, but they may not match the appearance of all those skins.

Imagine some nice Christmas skin themed team icons looking rather odd when viewed by someone who is using a non-Christmas skin, or white/bright team icons from a white/bright skin showing up automatically on a black skin.

So my suggestion is to make team icons a folder in the skin images. :rolleyes:

• 10 months later...

[quote name='KeithK' timestamp='1257777166' post='1877340']
just create the team_icons folders in each of your /public/style_images/*skin name* directories and use {style_images_url}/team_icons/*icon name*.gif for the url to the group icon image.

Hi

can I get this explained a littler clearer for me? I am finding it very hard to get it right & I need my team icons different for each skin.

For each skin you have,make a new folder under the style_images/skin called team_icons - upload your team icons images into the new folder(s) on a per skin basis.. so matching ones for each skin, ensuring they are all named consistently. ie: the Administrator icon is named admin.png for each skin.

Log into your ACP, click on the Members tab then the Member Groups/Manage User Groups.

Edit each group by clicking on the drop down menu on the right and selecting Edit Group, Add the following code into the box labelled "Group Icon Image"

Where imagename is the name of each image, ie admin.png, or member.png etc

Complete edit and your done

public/{style_images_url}/team_icons/imagename.png

Archived